iOS 5.0.1

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by complexcommunic, Nov 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. complexcommunic macrumors regular

There is a story on the front page of MacRumors today that says Apple is about to release an iOS update to fix battery life issues, and some minor things.
    I'm fairly new to Jailbreaking, but it is my understanding that if you haven't Jailbroken your iPhone yet (particularly the 4s) you should NOT upgrade yet. Because the Jailbreak developers haven't even had time to jailbreak iOS 5.0, it will take even longer to crack 5.0.1

2. Eric374 macrumors 6502

Eric374

My money's on the Dev Team already having an untethered jailbreak finished and ready to go, but are waiting for the first update so Apple doesn't include the exploit in the update.

3. rick snagwell macrumors 68040

rick snagwell

you are correct sir. they surely don't want all that time put into it just working for 5.0

hurry apple and release!

4. ACardAttack macrumors 6502

ACardAttack

This, the battery issue needs a fix badly

5. complexcommunic thread starter macrumors regular

That makes a lot of sense. I hope you're right, because it would be very nice to have an official fix for the battery issue on the 4s before I jailbreak it. It would also mean the untethered jailbreak is not too far away now... :D

6. srf4real macrumors 68030

srf4real

There is a battery issue with iOS 5? I haven't noticed at all, on my iP4. I thought it was the iP4s that had battery issues? Mine's working fine, and jailbroken.:confused:

7. Eric374 macrumors 6502

Eric374

Mine too, once I turned off "use mobile" in Documents and Data in iCloud, as well as shut off a couple useless GPS permissions. I know people are still having issues but my iP4 is doing just fine.

----------

I'm 100% positive I'm right.

8. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I agree.
    My 4S lasts about half the time my jb i4 on 4.3.3 used to.

9. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.