iOS 5.0 beta 6 freezing when unlocking

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by drunkenmenace, Aug 21, 2011.

1. drunkenmenace macrumors newbie

Hi all

Registered Dev. With iOS 5.0 beta 6, does anyone else's iPhone 4 freeze when unlocking? Not all the time, but it's happened a fair few times since installing it.

2. Eddy Munn macrumors 6502

Eddy Munn

My 3GS never locked with any of the iOS beta.
    You're running beta software thought, and we all know beta is short for dodgy and incomplete :)

3. drunkenmenace thread starter macrumors newbie

Indeed, just seeing if anyone had the same issue, that's why I've not done a full restore!

4. macfanboy macrumors 6502a

5. mb25667 macrumors member

I've seen it a couple times so far. Slide to unlock, the slider hits the other side and the phone just freezes. That's a new one for Beta6. I haven't had that happen in any others.

Verizon iPhone 4 restored from iTunes and set up as new phone...not just an OTA glitch.

6. drunkenmenace thread starter macrumors newbie

So I'm not the only one then. I was going to do full restore as I did OTA upgrade too, lucky I didn't waste my time.

Looks like we'll be riding this out til beta 7/GM.

Bit gutted though, as iOS 5.0 has been the most stable when it comes to betas.

7. drunkenmenace thread starter macrumors newbie

Fixed!

Found a fix for the freezing here: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1166982

Looks like all you have to do is disable email notifications. I did this a couple of days ago because I get a lot of emails and it annoys me a bit. Wondered why it hadn't happened for a while!

:cool:

8. lancastor macrumors 6502a

Same issue here.

Apple is adding more and more bugs from beta to beta.

9. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

Interesting. I never even stumbled across this bug because I naturally don't have email notifications enabled as I receive upwards of 100 per day through my work email. Noted though and I'll report to Apple as well that way they'll known it's more widespread.

10. cubanmiami05 macrumors newbie

Iphone 4 iOS 5 beta 6

No issue here !!

When watching a video in safari its a pain in the but forward the video !! it kind of freeze sometimes !! well its a beta !! :) Apple 4 ever !!

11. Vundu macrumors 65816

Vundu

Yep same here on my iPhone 4. Happens when I am listening to music and unlocking the phone.