iOS 5.1.1 and iMessage functionality.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by FelixDerKater, May 12, 2012.

1. FelixDerKater macrumors 68000

FelixDerKater

Has anyone else noticed the loss of reliability of iMessage since the upgrade to iOS 5.1.1? At this point, I'm seeing less than 50% successful transmission of messages via iMessage. Might the update be to blame, or is this a broader issue?

2. Moccasin macrumors 6502a

Moccasin

In fact I think iMessage has improved since the update. It has been unreliable for a while

3. iSR5 macrumors member

I don't think so,
    Sometimes you loose the internet connection especially if the cellular data is on.
    If you want to restrict the msgs to imsg, you have to turn off the Send As SMS function, in this case it won't go unless if is it an imsg.

I have that issue with my wireless provider. every time i use imsg there are 2 of 10 msgs sent as an SMS.
    I don't think that is from the service itself more than from the cellular data itself.

:rolleyes:

4. ilujon macrumors newbie

Yes

I've noticed the same thing. Just had one fail again now. It seems slower at times and also sometimes sends the same message as a text and as an iMessage.