IOS 5.1.1 brightness problems.

Discussion in 'iOS 5 and earlier' started by aPple nErd, May 18, 2012.

1. aPple nErd macrumors 68030

aPple nErd

I just upgraded my iPod touch 4th generation 8gb white to IOS 5.1.1. Now when the brightness is turned all the way up, the lock screen is very bright as it should be and then, i slide the unlock thingy and it goes to my home screen and goes very dark.

this also happenes with my IOS 5.1 iPhone 4 that is getting replaced on sunday. but when on iOS 5.0.1 on both it was fine, on iOS 5.1 on iPod it was fine. houuld i restore???

2. lelisa13p macrumors 68000

lelisa13p

Not to ask too simple a question, but have you gone into Settings and reset the preferred Brightness settings on both devices? Do you have Auto Brightness turned ON? Try turning that feature OFF and then ON again. Set the Brightness level and then turn Auto Brightness OFF and then ON once more. It's not logical but my Auto Brightness was misbehaving after iOS 5.1 upgrade & that fixed it. iOS 5.1.1 held the setting.

Also, have you reset both devices after upgrading? (Hold Home & Power buttons simultaneously until apple appears after black screen, then releasing both buttons at once.)