iOS 5.1.1 Jailbreaking issues. Need help ASAP.

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by crtrtr, May 29, 2012.

1. crtrtr macrumors newbie

Hi all,
    Yesterday, I updated one of my iPhones(iPhone 4 GSM) to iOS 5.1.1(9B206) and I faced alot of issues with jailbreaking, I really need help, I'm currently unjailbroken.
    First of all, I want to inform that this is not my first time jailbreaking, I have jailbroken alot of devices before.
    So let's get to the issues, I hope I can get the help I need...
    So Yesterday I backed up all my cydia tweaks in PKGBackup as I normally do before jailbreaks. After that I backed up on iTunes and then restored.
    After the restore, I setted up as a new phone and did not set any settings so the jailbreak will run as smooth as possible.
    I tried jailbreaking with cinject-0.5.3 4 times 2 times running cmd.exe as administrator and 2 times running normal.
    I reached the manage "jailbreak complete, wait for your phone to reboot and then respring for Cydia to appear" I rebooted twice and Cydia did not Appear. After each try I reseted the settings from the settings.app and/or restored. But nothing made Cydia show up.
    After another restore, I tried with Absinthe (as administrator) but had the same issue. No Cydia.
    And after another restore I jailbroke tethered with redsn0w 0.9.11b4 and then install Rocky Racoon from Cydia.
    First Issue: The time I waited for the phone to reboot was way too long.
    After booting up (and restoring the tweaks from PKGBackup) I restored the iTunes backup into my iPhone but all my apps couldn't sync( Second Issue: Each App Syncing froze my phone. couldn't click any app or button(except for the power button), I needed to reboot to use the phone again.)
    I gave up trying to sync apps and disconnected the phone, I then tried downloading the apps from the App Store. but faced the same issue, everything froze and I had to reboot).
    After that failed too, I tried downloading the apps from Installous(I do not support piracy. all the apps I tried to download were already purchased by me on iTunes/App Store but didn't sync.) but just 1 app install all my home screen was zoomed(I had 2 gigantic apps in each page instead of the normal).
    I could use the phone as normal but it was unbearable so I restored once again. (this issue is not the zoom option availble in the settings.app under accessability)

After this restore I restored from the backup without jailbreaking and everything worked normally. So the issues were caused by the jailbreak itself or a tweak.
    I can supply you with the list of the tweaks that were restored from PKGBackup if it will help.

So anyone have any ideas? I could really use some help...

2. ericrwalker macrumors 68030

ericrwalker

I don't feel like reading the whole book you wrote, but I just downloaded 5.1.1 on my 4S this weekend and jailbroke. I had to clear all settings and data before the jailbreak would work this time. I tried at least 10 times before actually following instructions. (I didn't want to restore 50+gigs of data).

EDIT: I read a little bit of your book. I would just back up everything. Restore your phone and do a new jailbreak. I am sure it will work fine then.

3. crtrtr thread starter macrumors newbie

I cleared all the settings a few times, still not working.
    and if you are looking for a shorter version of this post above(although it's the best if you read it all):
    I tried jailbreaking and it didn't work and when the jailbreak worked I had issues caused by the jailbreak itself and or a tweak restored by PKGBackup. all the issues appear in bold.

4. ericrwalker macrumors 68030

ericrwalker

How many times have you jailbroken a phone before? What jailbreak programs have you used. What type of computer are you trying to JB with?

5. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

don't reset all settings that doesn't work.

Restore to a clean 5.1.1 in itunes, than use absinthe 2.02

After that restore your BU.

Cydia is still slow because everybody wants there packages back. I get frequent failures.

6. crtrtr thread starter macrumors newbie

I have jailbroken my devices since iOS 3.2.2 .
    I have 1 iPad 1, 1 iPad 2, 3 iPhone 4 and 1 Apple TV 3rd generation.
    All except the Apple TV are jailbroken and have been jailbroken for a few times.
    I use a Windows 7 64bit Computer.
    And I have used Spirit(for iOS 3.2.2 on iPad 1), JailbreakMe.com(4.3.3 iPad 2), cinject_0.4.3(for iPad 2 on 5.0.1) and redsn0w (for all the other jailbreaks) to jailbreak.

That's what I tried to do... but Cydia is not appearing after the jailbreak.

7. ericrwalker macrumors 68030

ericrwalker

I don't know what to say, sounds like you've been there done that. I know first time JB'ers sometimes have issues, or use the wrong tool.

If it doesn't work after a complete restore with a fresh iPhone, I would say you're doing something wrong. Except it seems like you know what you're doing.

Good luck.

8. crtrtr thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for trying to help :)
    I hope someone who can help will reply here shortly...
    I searched and it seems I'm not the only one with Cydia not appearing but I haven't found a fix...

9. rocknblogger macrumors 68020

rocknblogger

I'm in the same boat as you. I also have good experience jailbreaking different devices so I do know what I'm doing. I've restored and JB'd close to ten times now and continue to have problems.

In a few minutes I'm going to restore and leave it as is. As much as I enjoyed my JB'd iPhone 4S I'm not willing to take a chance on this jailbreak any more.

Right now my biggest fear is that I can download any app from the app store without having to input my password.

On top of that all the tried and true Cydia apps keep crashing like sbsettings and intelliscreen among others. And before anyone says a word about it, I purchase and pay for all my apps.

At this point I fear that my phone is insecure and until I hear something different and convincing I'm going to keep it stock. No more JB for me, for now.

10. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

I had to run Absinthe three times before it finally installed Cydia on my iPhone 4. Not really as smooth as Redns0w. Also, I ended up downgrading to 5.0.1. I need Spire.

11. AnotherBrian macrumors regular

New Absinthe and 5.1.1

Have you tried the new 5.1.1 and the updated Absinthe for the iPhone 4.

Restore, touch nothing and run Absinthe then apply your backup. Probable what you did but that worked for me on 2 devices.

12. crtrtr thread starter macrumors newbie

Glad to know I'm not alone :) Good Luck if you will try jailbreaking again:)

I would have downgraded if I could, but I don't my SHSH blobs saved.
    I can get them with iSHSHit but it's never working when I do it.

I used Absinthe 2.0.2 if this is what you mean...

13. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

14. crtrtr thread starter macrumors newbie

15. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

Isn't that the "old" version of the firmware? Why don't you try the new version apple released last week? I'm referring to the one that was just added to the compatibility list of firmwares for absinthe (and by default, rocky racoon). I think it's 9B208.

16. AnotherBrian macrumors regular

Yeah your using the old version

That's why I asked if you used the newest one it looks like you are using the old firmware. I didn't know the number because I have the 4S and I really didn't feel like going to look for it, but I knew it didn't end in 6 it ended with a 8.

17. crtrtr thread starter macrumors newbie

I'll try the new firmware, although I heared it's less better than 9B206 with Absinthe(even if Absinthe 2.0.2 has support for it)

18. crtrtr thread starter macrumors newbie

Not working. Still no Cydia :(

19. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Just restore it to 5.1.1 (9B208), choose set up as new, jailbreak it with Absinthe 2.0.4

Then sync your stuff back.

20. kodeman53 macrumors 65816

I had no problems jailbreaking my iPhone4 and iPad2, but my New iPad hangs at the waiting for reboot message. Additionally, it never shows the 'RESTORE IN PROGRESS' message as the other devices did. I let it sit for 30 minutes and had to pull the plug and quit Absinthe 2.04. I've tried on my iMac, MacBook Air and my Windows7 Parallel's Virtual Machine on my MBA.

1. Factory Restore
    2. Did not do a Restore From Backup
    3. Set up as New device and did not sync anything.
    2. No Passcode lock.

Still hangs. :(

21. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

di you try version 2/2.01?

22. kodeman53 macrumors 65816

No, but I still have a copy of 2.01. I'll try that.

23. lokster macrumors 6502

lokster

i downloaded absinthe here

1. download latest itunes, shift+restore to 9b206 5.1.1 apple is still signing them
    2. set up as new iphone and dont put a lock code and set the sleep/lock to 5 minutes
    3. close itunes and open absinthe 2.0.2(unpack it to somewhere in the desktop)
    4. while your iphone is on and absinthe is open, it should say something like iphone 4 detected.
    5. press jailbreak and you should be jailbroken in less than 5 minutes.
    6. enjoy update cydia and redownload your packages, DONT back up from them
    7. set up phone as new, DONT back up from them

let us know how it goes.

24. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

http://greenpois0n.com/ or http://iclarified.com/ should be the only places you get Absinthe. Also, the latest version is 2.0.4, so use that instead. Additionally, the new Absinthe supports the new firmware build (9B208), so it really does not matter which build he uses.

The rest of your directions are accurate.

25. kodeman53, May 30, 2012
    Last edited: May 30, 2012

kodeman53 macrumors 65816

I've now tried 2.0.1, 2.0.2 and 2.0.4 with the same results. Hangs at "Waiting for reboot - not done yet, don't unplug your device yet!"

Any other ideas? This is the first iPad or iPhone jb didn't work for me. :( My iPhone4 and iPad2 worked fine.