iOS 5.1.1 Problem going back to 5.0.1

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by pallintine, May 25, 2012.

1. pallintine, May 25, 2012
    Last edited: May 25, 2012

pallintine macrumors newbie

Good morning,

Bottom Line Up Front(BLUF): I'm not able to downgrade to iOS 5.0.1 and am curious what step I am missing or how to get past the 1600 itunes error.

I installed Spire for Iphone 4 the other day and after a reboot the phone got stuck in a boot loop. (All on my shoulders for installing Cydia-based apps, I know.)

Side note: I notice that the few times my jailbroken iphones have crashed, in all cases, the wi-fi setting goes haywire and will not connect to known networks; it just hangs trying to connect. Anyway.

I am able to restore to 5.1.1 and jailbreak using Absinthe 2.0, no problems there. However Spire does not work with iOS 5.1 and later, according to the Cydia install page for the app.

HOST FILE:
    So, I have edited my host file numerous ways, commenting out both the loopback apple entry, and Saurik's entry. I've hashed one, but not the other, allowed both, and hashed both, to no avail.

REDSN0W:
    I downloaded my 5.0.1 blobs and "stitched" them into an Iphone 4 GSM firmware (verified with the back of my phone "A1332"). Then I attempted to Alt Restore as normal, but I get a 1600 error.

I had to do some research because the last time I restored was iOS 4.x and all I needed was a firmware and my host file pointed to Saurik.

So my two questions are, what has changed with the downgrade process other than stitching and what step could I be missing?

Thanks, and Apologies for the long post.

2. pallintine thread starter macrumors newbie

Found the problem. I was not aware of apples addition of APTickets, and only had my hashes saved, not the entire plist file... Oh well. Got em saved for this version.