Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zephonic

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 7, 2011
greater L.A. area
Noticeably so. And it can't be an age thing, as I got it in September. And no, not out of memory, either (50%).

Some of the new features are cool, but I prefer the snappiness of 4.3.3

Is there anyway I can revert back to that? Thanks.

PsstGreek

macrumors 68040
Oct 21, 2010
Tampa Bay
If you want to downgrade back to 4.3.3, the SHSH have to be saved. Apple still signs iOS 4.1, you can downgrade to that no problem without any SHSH saved.

PsstGreek

macrumors 68040
Oct 21, 2010
Tampa Bay
What is SHSH? How do you save it and why? And are you saying that I'd need to go back to 4.1?

SHSH Wiki

You can either save the SHSH by using Redsn0w, TinyUmbrella or iFaith. They are used to downgrade/restore to firmwares Apple is not signing anymore.

iOS 4.1 is the only old firmware for the 3GS that Apple is still signing. Meaning you can revert back to 4.1 without have those SHSH saved.

js81

macrumors 65816
Dec 31, 2008
KY
Before you downgrade, try a fresh restore of 5.1.1.

^^ Seconded. I have two 3GS's and one 1st gen iPad, all running 5.1.1 with no slow down issues. When I first upgraded my iPad to 5.0 it was RIDICULOUSLY slow; a clean restore fixed it. After setting it up as a "new" iPad, I simply downloaded my apps from the App Store again. Little trickier on the iPhone, as I assume you're like me and have saved contacts (who wouldn't?); if so, sync your contacts with another app (if you're using Windows, try Windows Contacts or Outlook; Mac OS syncs with Address Book, right?). You can sync the contacts separately from everything else. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.