iOS 5.1.1 to iOS 7 update server error

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by joshhud, Sep 21, 2014.

1. joshhud macrumors newbie

Hi all, I have an iPhone 4 that is currently running iOS 5. I am trying to finally upgrade to iOS 7 and am having problems via ota and iTunes. Both cases are having problems just downloading the file. On itunes I goes to over 200 hours to download then says there is a server error with no error code, ota is about the same. Any help is really appreciated.

2. joshhud thread starter macrumors newbie

3. joshhud thread starter macrumors newbie

Awesome thanks!... Its an 8gb CDMA iPhone... Would I use the 8gb download or CDMA. Also I am not to familiar with updating this way. Are there any instructions?

4. joshhud thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, i tried to download the ios 7.1.2 from the site you supplied but once again it had a network error. I was however able to download ios 6.1 which i am fine installing..... just cant figure out how. This iphone is not jail broken. Thanks for the help!

5. illusionx macrumors 6502

You cannot install anything else than 7.1.2 since it is then only version apple is signing.

6. joshhud thread starter macrumors newbie

Ah that would make sense.... I guess the servers are over loaded with people updating to 7 and 8 because it keeps failing when I try to download 7