Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'iOS 5 and earlier' started by MacBookPro13", Dec 22, 2011.
Not likely, with support staff on holiday, I don't think they'll want to release any major updates that could cause people to call or need help from apple.
I would say not until January, after the holiday vacation season and the Christmas new device support rush are over.
Has there been any recent beta's provided by apple to indicate they're getting close?
For instance apple has provided a number of OSX seeds lately this is indicative of an update coming down the pike at some point
Lolno. And even if there was a chance, is a x.1 update from Apple anything to get excited over? All they do is make it even harder to jailbreak and maybe fix a bug.
Not a chance in hell. Can you imagine all the iPhones opened up for xmas and then needing a software update? Not the experience Apple strives for.
Pretty sure that most of them will require a software update to 5.0.1 anyway, I do understand the point though.
Tuesday after xmas maybe, or Tuesday after new years.
I echo the other sentiments, Apple will not want to release a major update right before big family gathers and all, etc, people on vacation, don't want to risk the .5-1% that might have an issue with the update... because even .5% of Apple's install base is HUGE.
what fixes/updates are in 5.1?
Good because the jailbreak for 5.0.1 is almost done
Once the jb for 5.0.1 is ready, I'm sure 5.1 will be a breeze to jb
I'm personally excited for 5.1 in hopes that they improve battery life some more. My 4S battery is awful.
I don't notice any difference on iPhone4. I think it's mainly a Siri update.
Exactly... also they're only up to the second beta. I would expect at least a couple more betas before a public release. They seem to wait a week or so in between each beta so at least 2 weeks or more I would say.
We thought we'd see it before Christmas, as it seems ready for primetime given the beta releases and whatnot, but it seems that they'll wait until early-mid January at this point.
It seems impossible...
I had the 5.1 beta 2 on my phone and not much different in features and battery life only difference I noticed was ability to remove photos from stream.
I removed it as for some reason GTAIII was going crazy with controls and handling was poor since then GTA controls real good
in all honesty i dont think we will see iOS 5.1 till a new device is released.. the iPad 3. kinda hard to pin point a release date for 5.1 when apple never gave a time table like they did for 4.0 and 4.1. im going with either January or February.
Well they have already released 2 betas for it. I doubt the iPad 3 would be out until at least February, so i doubt they would release enough betas to warrant waiting another month and a half to release it.
I agree. And besides, 5.1 is hardly a selling point. It's a fix. My battery life sucks on my 4s. 5.1 coming out with the release of a new product hardly makes sense since it's not going to sway anyone into buying anything.
still thinking this wont be released for awhile unless there is no beta 3.
Two big holidays just passed... Don't be too surprised if no work was done on a new beta during that time. I'd say we have a new beta within a week, but wouldn't be surprised if it was a little longer than that.