ios 5.1 ipad itunes match not working

Discussion in 'iOS 5 and earlier' started by Revomonster, Mar 8, 2012.

1. Revomonster macrumors regular

Feb 10, 2010
    Hello, I have an iPad 2 with itunes match. I have been using it for a few days, and, yesterday after 5.1 was released, I updated. Today, I hooked up my iPad to my mac to clear off the music that was on the iPad for space reasons, but now my ipad is not picking up any itunes match songs. I tried everything from toggling itunes match on and off, and forcing the ipad to shut down, but it is still giving me the same problems. I know all my music was not deleted or anything because it is still available to be downloaded on my imac. Is iTunes match not working just a bug of the new operating system?
  2. sand0s, Mar 9, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2012

sand0s macrumors member

Feb 2, 2010
    the wife had a similar problem with iTunes match on her iPhone 4... basically for her, only the songs she had previously listened to / downloaded when she was on 5.0.1 were showing up even though it was set to display all. what solved it for her was turning off itunes match, then deleting all music data under settings, general, usage, music, edit, red minus, delete. next time she opened the the full iTunes match library was there.