iOS 5.1: Lost bluetooth fuctions

Discussion in 'iOS 5 and earlier' started by cdmorris21, Mar 10, 2012.

1. cdmorris21 macrumors newbie

The other day I upgraded to iOS 5.1 on my iPhone 4S. I later found that I lost functionality on my iHome iPhone dock/alarm clock and the next day I lost the ability to control my phone via bluetooth in my car--functions that I had prior to upgrading i.e. play/pause, track search, etc. It like my phone regressed to iOS 2. Anyone else have these issues or know of any fixes?

2. TomH TX macrumors regular

I lost bluetooth temporarily on my Chrysler after the upgrade. Just had to go back in and re-"pair" the devices.

3. cabriojim macrumors newbie

Lost Hands Free on Auto with new IOS-5.1

Just upgraded both IPhones (4, & 4S) to IOS 5.1 recent release; Now not able to have '08 Lexus show the phones as "discoverable" Error message says "unable to connect", Tried the 4S first=No Joy, the tried the Iphone 4 with upgraded IOS, SAME, No Joy!!

Any tips on what's happening; Suspect the Lexus on-board Hand's Free feature not able to see the new IOS; Need work-around due because of my profession in Medical Services and California Hands-Free highway laws.
    :(

4. wjhall273 macrumors newbie

Bluetooth Inop

I too updated to 5.1 when released last week. Now my Iphone 4 can pair with any device but cannot use in phone calls. I have no Audio Sources button when on a call. The problem is that you cant go back...It's a Verizon phone.

A friend at work has an iPhone 4S with 5.1 and has no issues, works fine.

HELP anyone?

5. j-Rab macrumors newbie

Same problem, Lexus IS250

Upgraded to iOS 5.1, can use Bluetooth to make calls but cannot switch audio source to car. Anyone figure this out?