Ios 5.1 ?! new update for iphone 4s

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Zomy, Mar 9, 2012.

1. Zomy macrumors member

who use iphone 4s without jailbreak did u tried 5.1 update?????

and the people who did the update what they think about the new update IOS 5.1???do i make it or i wait ??

i am asking ppl who use's iphone 4s without jail break or with jail break??

thxx

2. Schismz macrumors regular

Personally I'm seeing significant improvement on battery life. 2 iPhone 4S, both have the same behavior, both drain noticeably slower than on 5.01.

FWIW: everything is on, all the time, on both phones, including Bluetooth. Which kills battery life a lot faster, it's just that my brain lands upon, "bah, **** this," when improving battery life hinges upon turning off half the features that make the smartphone smart.

So yes, for me at least: better battery life, makes it through the whole day without being in the red/less than 20% battery remaining by the evening. Now it's more like 40% left on an average day.

Oh, also, the little camera icon on the lock screen can be swiped up! OhMyGawd, joy.

3. Zomy thread starter macrumors member

so ur saying that i have to update now
    right????? :D :D

4. Zomy thread starter macrumors member

no more reply's !!!!

do i install new software Ios 5.1 or no?

using iphone 4s without jail break

5. tecknik1 macrumors member

Although this is a 4S thread my Iphone 4 has a noticeable performance improvement sense the 5.1 upgrade, much snappier.:)

6. jonkersuk macrumors newbie

agreed, the latest update does appear to be giving better battery life :)

7. ObuckiO macrumors regular

Not a big issue, but after 5.1 update i had to re-sync a few things(ringtone's, videos and a couple issue's w/icloud), I noticed the setting's in MBP's itunes (which i change quite often), needed to be tweeked back to my now a day preferances. Other than that, I like the camera slide and it seemed to have fixed Voice mail(Deleted Messages was a pain to fully delete sometimes)
    BTW: I didn't notice before, but Safari/Bookmarks has a "iphone user guide" now that looks handy.

8. Zomy thread starter macrumors member

so from user's reply's it seems good upgrade
    right??

9. speed4tu macrumors member

I have had great success with 5.1 also. It has made my battery life even better. I was one of the few that used my phone all day with everything turned on and still made it through the day and evening with no problem unless I talked alot using the phone.

10. Zomy thread starter macrumors member

woow good to hear that

what about update for ipad2?
    makes battery same?

11. isooz macrumors member

Well I am not happy :mad: I have an iphone4 and since upgrade it is sloooow, wifi connection erratic and I have lost the function of the switch shortcuts app. Everything takes an age to load and TBH it's just not a pleasure to use atm :(

12. Leonard1818 macrumors 68020

restore robbin hood.