iOS 5.1 Signal Down Goes UP

Discussion in 'iOS 5 and earlier' started by djinn, Apr 19, 2012.

1. djinn macrumors 68000

djinn

Every since I upgraded to 5.1 I've noticed my signal bars will randomly go all the way to 1 bar to 5 bars. This happens when I wake up the phone.

This is a Verizon iPhone. Steps I have done to troubleshoot are Reset Network Settings, Restored phone and setup as new, and did a *228 for the heck of it.

Any suggestions? FWIW, I haven't had any dropped calls etc...

2. Ashwood11 macrumors 65816

3. paul117 macrumors regular

it happens here in austrailia on telstra too... for me happens on my ipad and iphone 4 and iphone 4s since october.....

4. trainguy77 macrumors 68040

I have got strange signal reporting issues since 5.1 as well. Sometimes it will say no service in the top right yet I can place and receive calls the whole time. It will stay at no service even though I know full well I have service.

5. djinn thread starter macrumors 68000

djinn

So I activated field test mode and saved it so I can flip between dBm and signal bars. When it starts flipping out with signal bars I will switch to dBm. Even though signal bars show nothing my dBm is around -74 and stays around there.

It appears there is some kind of issue with the bar reading.

6. codyc1515 macrumors member

Same here on Vodafone New Zealand. I woke up this morning and noticed that the phone was on 2G then promptly changed to 3G. Looks to be some sort of diaplay issue.