iOS 5.1 - Siri to iPad 2?

Discussion in 'iOS 5 and earlier' started by whynotgotovegas, Feb 11, 2012.

1. whynotgotovegas macrumors member

Does anyone else think that apple will release Siri on the iPad 2 with the release of iOS 5.1? I sure do hope so!! :)

2. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

Well, hopefully... But it's doubtful that it will happen. Minor updates that usually fix bugs and problems generally don't roll out a huge new feature. Sorry :(

3. Lukkee24 macrumors 6502a

4. Djdan23323 macrumors newbie

5. pmz macrumors 68000

Nope, not a snowballs chance in hell.

6. whynotgotovegas thread starter macrumors member

I don't know why everyone keeps saying things about this post! Don't think I'm trying to be rude, but I don't think that just because the iPad doesn't have good background suppression it shouldn't get Siri. Where I use Siri, in my room and car, there would always be no background noise. I don't think they will put two mics in the next iPad, just for siri.

----------

I'm really hoping that iOS 6 or even another update for iOS 5 will put Siri on the iPad. I want it on here sooooooo bad :(

7. Futhark macrumors 65816

Futhark

Siri? Oh yeah I forgot I had that !!! I never use it to be honest. Might do if it actually understood my accent

8. AlphaVictor87 macrumors 6502a

AlphaVictor87

If anything, and all these rumors come as they are expected to.

Then they will most likely release the 5.1 update with the iPad 3 next month and put Siri on the iPad 3 only and not iPad 2

But that being said, how do they do it with the wifi only iPad's? Would it be like face time where it will alert them they have to be connected to wifi to use Siri?

Just something to think about

9. JUiCEJamie macrumors 6502a

JUiCEJamie

Who am I to say yes or no, but I highly highly doubt it.
    The 4S was released for a number of reasons.. and to stick it in a device that's nearly a year old and with the rumoured 3rd generation out next month?

I just can't see it happening. - As much as I would love it to be true, I doubt it.

10. Roy Hobbs macrumors 68000

Roy Hobbs

11. whynotgotovegas thread starter macrumors member

1991 Honda civic with stock everything..quiet as a mouse ;)

----------

That is honestly the first time I've even thought about that, I didn't think about it. Idk, I think apple could find a way to do it. I'm not too worried about it anymore though, because I'm going to get the next iPhone (which I'm almost 100% sure will have Siri) and with the cloud, they will all transfer over to my calendar on my iPad. I'm talking about adding appointments on my iPhone if you didn't catch on...I tend to word things a little weird :D

12. Angelo95210 macrumors 6502a

Angelo95210

I am pretty sure there is a new chip dedicated to audio in the iphone 4GS. So I think no.