Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

awaxuk

macrumors member
Feb 23, 2012
Nope I don't believe it does! I think they just added Japanese support in this update.

Camerondonal

macrumors regular
Jun 7, 2011
United Kingdom
I've just been trying to clarify that myself. That is genuinely disappointing :( I do hope Apple doesn't take too much longer bringing Siri map support and local search to countries outside the US...

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
No change at all....A big disappointment, APple managed to do the entire USA, and now Japan, but can't manage a tiny island.

I'm wondering if there are legal issues...I was certain they would make siri fully functional..

Camerondonal

macrumors regular
Jun 7, 2011
United Kingdom
No change at all....A big disappointment, APple managed to do the entire USA, and now Japan, but can't manage a tiny island.

I'm wondering if there are legal issues...I was certain they would make siri fully functional..

So was I :( I imagine they just haven't got round to signing the necessary deals yet. I don't have a link to hand, but Apple have said they plan to extend Siri map and local search outside the US sometime this year. Hopefully we won't have to wait for iOS 6 in the autumn for it to reach the UK...

SimonTheSoundMa

macrumors 65816
Aug 6, 2006
Birmingham, UK
So was I :( I imagine they just haven't got round to signing the necessary deals yet. I don't have a link to hand, but Apple have said they plan to extend Siri map and local search outside the US sometime this year. Hopefully we won't have to wait for iOS 6 in the autumn for it to reach the UK...
They use Yelp in America. Yelp in the UK is not very good. I wonder if that is what's holding it all back.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.