IOS 5.1 update question

Discussion in 'iOS 5 and earlier' started by walkerholt16, Mar 31, 2012.

1. walkerholt16 macrumors newbie

Hi all.
    Ever since I updated to ios 5.1 I have had really bad signal problems. Prior to the update i didnt have any. None of my apps or iMessage work when I am out and about. They seem to only work when I am on Wifi. My phone and texts seem to work a LITTLE better but they are having problems as well.

Could this be because my town (Wilson NC) doesnt support the new '4g' or whatever it actually is signal? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

(It's an iPhone 4s)

Thanks -Walker Holt

2. TheAppleSource macrumors regular

TheAppleSource

As far as I understand it, the fact that your phone will now potentially show 4G as its connection means very little. It's not *actually* 4G (although this is a very debatable comment - essentially, it's not the same as the "4G" connection that you'd get with an LTE iPad).

Now I'm guessing from what you've said that your phone doesn't even show 4G when you're in your home town, so essentially, your phone is still going to be connecting as it did before.

My advice would be to try a hard reset (Holding home and power button until device turns off), and then if that doesn't work, try restoring your phone and see if that works.