iOS 5.2 Suggestions?

Discussion in 'iOS 5 and earlier' started by MichXP, Oct 15, 2011.

1. MichXP, Oct 15, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2011

MichXP macrumors newbie

These are just four small features I really wanted to see in iOS 5:

# Ability to hide "built-in" apps (If I'm never going to use Newsstand or Stocks, why keep them on my homescreen?)
    # "Find" in Safari < Thanks charliehifi
    # Larger folders or multi-paged folders (33% increased capacity at least?)
    # Remove all background apps w/ one click

If you have your own ideas, please share them. :apple:

2. charliehifi macrumors newbie

charliehifi

You can do that already and also back in iOS 4 (maybe earlier?) by typing what you want to find up in the search field (google/yahoo/bing) and scrolling down WITHOUT hitting search. There you have the menu called "On this page" :)

3. disarticulate macrumors regular

I've been using this bookmarklet http://www.lifeclever.com/17-powerful-bookmarklets-for-your-iphone/ ever since the original iPhone. Just add it to your bookmarks and sync with iPhone and it'll show up on your phone.

I think there's a $1 app for it as well.

4. MichXP thread starter macrumors newbie

Oh wow thanks, I feel so naive right now LOL. I've only had an iPhone since February (Verizon) and never even noticed this existed. :eek:

5. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

A settings widget in notification center that you can swipe left and right on(just like the weather and stock widgets) that has the most common toggles like Bluetooth, 3G, data, WiFi, location services, notifications and a button to kill all background apps.

6. charliehifi macrumors newbie

charliehifi

I see! I just discovered this a few months back, so Im still pretty excited about it too :p haha

7. Bse macrumors newbie

Just 1 thing to make my iPhone 4 100% perfect for me, would be separate ringtone, alert and alarm volume settings. Unless I'm missing something and there is a way to do this now. :confused:

8. blackNBUK macrumors 6502a

This might sound strange but I'm glad that iOS doesn't have quick toggles for 3G, WiFi and so on. It forces Apple to try to deliver good battery life and performance without taking the easy out of forcing the user to manage the radios and processes themselves.

9. cmChimera macrumors 68040

cmChimera

1. I want, for the love of god, for when I search for song through spotlight in the middle of a shuffle, for it to find the song IN the shuffle and keep going with the shuffle. It used to do this in like 3.0 up until like 4.1. Now it starts playing the album that song is from which is retarded. Makes me so mad.

2. Settings widget.

10. coconutxyz macrumors member

true multitasking as i dont want anything to run in background at all!!

11. kappaknight macrumors 68000

kappaknight

Use Volume Down as the video button (like how Volume up is the shutter button)

12. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

e mail folders for pop accounts too so i can separate the many e mails i receive each day.

13. jaded-mandarin macrumors regular

Ability to switch between iMessage/txt within a single conversation, or to tell your phone which address of a contact to use, instead of having two separate threads.

14. Jeqry1 macrumors newbie

Audio Crossfade

I would love if apple added the "Audio Crossfade" feature in IOS 5.2! I loved it on my iPod nano but now my new, cool iPod touch doesn't have it? Please add this.

15. rmw49 macrumors newbie

You can already do that. Go to Contacts/Edit entry. Scroll down to the bottom and you can change ring tone and text tone.

16. someone28624 macrumors 6502a

Delete photos from photo stream

View data about photos on device (date taken, time taken, location)

For the love of all things good, the ability to add a photo into an album on my iPad or iPhone even if I didn't start that album on that device. Right now it seems you can only add photos into albums from that device.

Choose a non-default photo app for taking pictures from lock screen (know I'm dreaming there)

An option to display just a number in notification center instead of list each thing (i.e., 23 unread e-mails).

Facebook integration

Larger folders

Sound profiles- let me choose a work profile, and automatically change my ringtone, vibrate, volume to match that profile, and let me make custom profiles

Lock in portrait or landscape on iPhone

Weather icon shows actual temp, clock icon shows actual time

Ability to pin the book I'm currently reading to the dock, versus launching ibooks, then finding my book, then reading, I could just click it from the dock. Would be awesome if they let that work with third party e-book apps as well.

I really love my iPhone! I know it sounds like a ton, but I'm just always brainstorming ideas.

17. Pennine macrumors 6502

This is the one I most want. The Android one is great

18. Martin29 macrumors 6502

Martin29

A file structure, so I can upload work files to my web site!

19. shazzam macrumors regular

Share reminders.

e.g. Sharing a grocery list with a family member.

20. PaulyD macrumors 6502

21. kjenyg macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Also remove all open pages with one click in safari on iphone

22. greythorne macrumors regular

Why no one mention the above? To me without the above, the iPad is pretty useless!

23. TheSuperSteve macrumors 6502

Might i suggest you buy an Android tablet instead? They have file structures.

24. jon08 macrumors 68000

25. greythorne macrumors regular

Is it hard to implement a file structure? What you use your iPad for? If its a device to replace PC then if the iPad do not have a file structure, I don't see how it's to replace PC!!