Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

caspersoong

macrumors 6502a
Feb 27, 2011
I wonder whether Apple will improve on this custom vibration on the next iPhone with better hardware (maybe multiple vibrators)

av.

macrumors newbie
Jun 21, 2010
Not to be one who always wants more, but...
Can I set different vibrations for when different people call and I am in a meeting?
Like:
Buzz..buzz = the pizza guy - I'd better pick up.
Buzzzzzzz.........Buzzzzzzz - my mother in law - keep it in my pocket.

How about a custom silent ringtone and a 'silent' (no buzzzzz) vibration for the mother in law? Can it do that?

If a tree falls in the woods...

baseballcp2002

macrumors member
Jul 13, 2008
Irvine
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/534.32 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

Is it just me or once you save your custom vibration and assign it as default, it doesn't work?? I have vibrations on in all settings.

jas1973

macrumors 6502
Sep 10, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/534.32 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

Is it just me or once you save your custom vibration and assign it as default, it doesn't work?? I have vibrations on in all settings.

yes i have had this happen to me, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.

i wonder how many of these features will remain in the official ios 5 release, sometimes they pull certain features

Stok3

macrumors regular
Jun 13, 2011
so we can create custom vibration patterns but can't use custom SMS tones?

LOL

ellscott123

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2011
having issues with my ipod AND ipad trying to install iOS 5.

i have a jailbroken ipod 4G and am currently trying to get iOS 5 on there but when i try and use the downloaded IPSW it says at the end of the extraction process that "software server cannot currently be reached"

i cant find any way to install iOS 5 and would really appreciate some help.

i have the iTunes beta and still no luck

MythicFrost

macrumors 68040
Mar 11, 2009
Australia
having issues with my ipod AND ipad trying to install iOS 5.

i have a jailbroken ipod 4G and am currently trying to get iOS 5 on there but when i try and use the downloaded IPSW it says at the end of the extraction process that "software server cannot currently be reached"

i cant find any way to install iOS 5 and would really appreciate some help.

i have the iTunes beta and still no luck
Are you using Update or Restore? Only the latter works. Hold Option and hit restore (note, you lose all your data).

ellscott123

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2011
Are you using Update or Restore? Only the latter works. Hold Option and hit restore (note, you lose all your data).

yeah but still no luck ive been trying for days..
im running 4.2.1 and i have the IPSW's that i need and the copy of itunes beta.

am i missing something?

DMH3006

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2011
Your device's UDID needs to be registered to an Apple Developer account before any betas can be successfully installed on it.
Not really,you need to be registered to activate but not to install or you could use an hack to change the plist on the device to make the iOS think that it's regular version and not a beta and get it activated.

chevy57

macrumors regular
Sep 25, 2009
For deaf iPhone users

For the Deaf, why would we want to get a PHONE CALL.... with vibration! Many of us still can NOT use standard phone. This whole new vibration tone with IOS 5 does not make sense... at least to a DEAF person! I wanted a new vibration tone for email and text, NOW THAT IS ACCESSIBILITY!!!! Should update iOS 6 for custom patterns vibrations on all phone, text and email!!! iOS 5 don't support Cydia Vibrafications, unfortunately. I love vibrafications on my jailbroken iOS 4.3.3 iphone but lost it when update iOS 5. I may write comments to Apple about it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.