iOS 5 and iPad2 Jailbreak?

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by NestOfRobins, Aug 5, 2011.

1. NestOfRobins macrumors member

I used JBme on my iPad 2, and I would love to upgrade to iOS5 when it goes public. However, I am not sure I am willing to give up my JB apps.

Are we expecting a reliable jb for iOS5 for the iPad2?

Thanks.

2. TC25 macrumors 68020

As with every other version of iOS that has ever been released, yes, we are expecting a reliable jb for iOS5 for the iPad2. However, to further state the obvious, expecting a reliable (is there another kind?) jb and getting it are two different things.

3. gngan macrumors 68000

gngan

What's going to happen tomorrow? Who knows? Why waste time creating a thread that has no answer to it?

4. Quazimojo macrumors regular

Quazimojo

It took forever to get the first Jailbreak on the iPad 2 so i would not hold my breath for an iOS 5 version anytime soon.

The iPad 2 Jailbreak was done through a software exploit(which apple closed 10 seconds later with 4.3.4) and we do not know with any certainty if they have one for iOS 5 or if one even exists.

Dont upgrade unless you are certain you can downgrade :D.

5. iMrNiceGuy0023 macrumors 68000

theres a tethered iOS5 jailbreak out for the beta, so im sure once iOS5 is released the jailbreak will follow in the weeks after

6. Quazimojo macrumors regular

Quazimojo

I believe that tethered Jailbreak is for older iOS devices that have hardware exploits ?.

I do not believe there is a hardware exploit for the iPad 2 at all or atleast one that has been even mentioned publicly.

7. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

Actually ipad 2 was jailbroken prior to march 13th, not long after it was released. It just took forever for comex to release the jailbreak because he was concerned about apple updates and fine tuning the delivery system.

8. xavierpunkreno macrumors 6502

I believe there may be a hardware exploit already, but why waste it before the iPhone 5 comes out? There's a lot more iPhone users than iPad users.

9. AbyssImpact macrumors 6502a

I wouldnt update. Jb does Everything ios5 does

10. Quazimojo macrumors regular

Quazimojo

Yes i know it was Jailbroken day 1 but till its public then it does not mean squat to the end user in which case it took forever to Jailbreak it ;).