iOS 5 and JB..

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by bczm8703, Oct 10, 2011.

1. bczm8703 macrumors newbie

hi.. i would like to find out whether i am able to use the iCloud, Siri when i jailbreak the upcoming iPhone 4S???

or what feature will i be unable to use other then sync with iTunes???

2. thelatinist, Oct 10, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2011

thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

No jailbreak has been released for iOS 5 on the iPhone 4S. When a jailbreak is released, however, there should be no restrictions on your use. Jailbroken phones retain all of their functionality and may be synced with iTunes without any issues. I don't know where you got the idea that that couldn't. All that is changed is that you have access to the file system and can install non-App Store apps.

3. cvam1985 macrumors regular

I'm running a jailbroken iP4 with iOS 5 GM....

4. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

Yes, and it's tethered....

5. cvam1985 macrumors regular

I restart my phone maybe once or twice a month, so this is an absolute non-factor for me.

I was simply replying to the poster that said there is "no jailbreak" for iOS5. Thanks for pointing out the obvious though.

6. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Well...OP is talking about the IP4s, which is using a A5 processor, no JB for that hardware yet, iP4 running iOS5 on the A4 processor can be JB using the Bootroom exploit which it will always be there.

7. kavika411 macrumors 6502a

kavika411

I don't want to de-rail the thread, but I have a question if anyone has a moment and cares to answer. How often do you power off your iPhone intentionally or unintentionally?

Here's where I ask. I'm fairly new to jailbreaking; first jailbreak was about six months ago. I've owned and used iPhones since June 29, 2007 - the day of the first release. As the battery life has gotten better, and as the OS has gotten more stable, and as the likelihood that my iPhone will be charging on one device or another here and there throughout the day, I will go for days and days - if not two or three weeks - at a time without my iPhone going off. Is that uncommon?

I guess what I'm getting at is the seemingly universal hesitation to go with a tethered jailbreak, such as for iOS 5. I really don't foresee the need to do a tethered boot to be such an issue since my phone is off so very infrequently. Am I alone in this regard? Should I be turning on my iPhone more? Am I looking at this the right way?

I'm interested in anyone's thoughts. Thanks.

8. sunenihs macrumors newbie

This isn't exactly what you asked, but the only problem I've had since jb'ing my 4 is Skype doesn't work. It says it doesn't work with modified phones.

9. Almeuit macrumors regular

Lol smart ass cvam got pwnt...

10. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Mine says that too but Skype still works for me :confused:

11. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

As H1 said, it is only a warning, Skype works 100% fine. :)

12. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

So iOS5 on a 4 has a JB, just that it is only in Tethered format? am I readign this correctly?

13. BlizzardBolt macrumors 6502

Yep A5 still remains to be seen if it can be jailbroken or will it be through software now.

14. iToNe24 macrumors regular

is it true that u cannot install an IPA file unless the phone is jailbroken?

15. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

That is correct.
    Unless the IPA is from your itunes account and legit. Not a pirated one.

16. sunenihs macrumors newbie

Darn! I've tried it and it doesn't allow video but I can hear the person as if it was just a regular ole' phone call.