iPhone iOS 5 and SMS 15MB Limit

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by WakeUpDrunk, May 1, 2012.

1. WakeUpDrunk macrumors member

Hi,

I have a jailbroken iPhone 4S and this limit is really bothering me. Is there any way around this? Thanks!

2. treichert, May 1, 2012
    Last edited: May 1, 2012

treichert macrumors 6502

What limit is that exactly? In times of free iMessages I seriously hope that there is no real limit on my messages othe than the phones capacity!?! :eek:

3. WakeUpDrunk thread starter macrumors member

I am unable to post a screenshot but it basically says I cannot receive anymore incoming SMS messages until I delete some... which is ridiculous since the phone has 16GB of room. I looked into it at with iOS 5 there is a new limit for 15mb for text messages. I could delete my threads but some threads have so much history to them that I do not want to get rid of them. I was hoping there was a tweak on Cydia to bypass the limit.

4. WillSR20 macrumors newbie

This is driving me nuts. I can't even sync with iTunes because my old HDD is gone... I just want to make this stupid limit go away!!!

5. famoussasjohn macrumors 6502a

famoussasjohn

Try a hard reset by holding the home and power button for 10 seconds and see if that helps. After reading online, you are at about 75k in text messages stored on your phone, maybe it's time to let go of portions of those text messages if it's causing you to not get new messages.