Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Zackmd1

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 3, 2010
Maryland US
Hi all I have a question for all u people with ios 5. On some days does your iPhone simply refuse to send a txt message until you do a hard reset or plug it into a computer? If so has anyone found a fix for this?

frostbit3

macrumors regular
Jun 20, 2010
I've never had that issue and I've been running iOS5 since it was released to the devs.

Thanks

Zackmd1

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 3, 2010
Maryland US
I've never had that issue and I've been running iOS5 since it was released to the devs.

Thanks

Well crap... Maybe it's a glitch. I might haft to restore it. However I should note that I have had this problem even before iOS 5 in ios 4. It's not service because I can go to my moms iPhone 3GS and send one right next to my phone without a problem.

bobfitz14

macrumors 65816
Oct 14, 2008
Massachusetts
Well crap... Maybe it's a glitch. I might haft to restore it. However I should note that I have had this problem even before iOS 5 in ios 4. It's not service because I can go to my moms iPhone 3GS and send one right next to my phone without a problem.

maybe it's your iPhone then? i had a blackberry replaced because it had problems transmitting data, i figured it was a hardware issue but i'm no expert.

kleinias

macrumors regular
Aug 21, 2007
His point is that it wasn't happening on iOS 4.
That doesn't follow from what he wrote:

"However I should note that I have had this problem even before iOS 5 in ios 4."

It looks like he is saying that it did also occur in iOS 4.

garts

macrumors newbie
Jun 15, 2011
Hi all I have a question for all u people with ios 5. On some days does your iPhone simply refuse to send a txt message until you do a hard reset or plug it into a computer? If so has anyone found a fix for this?

This same problem just happened to me. I find it peculiar as I have been using iOS 5 since it's release and today was the first instance it happened. Bug report submitted.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.