iOS 5 B6 - Battery Drain

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AbSoluTc, Aug 25, 2011.

1. AbSoluTc macrumors 68040

AbSoluTc

Anyone other testers notice this? The previous beta was much better on battery life. This one seems to suck it down instead of sip. Anyone know what the culprit might be? I have been playing with the settings but can't seem to find what it is. Any suggestions appreciated. It's not a bother, I am just curious. I am aware it's a beta :)

2. kingdLo macrumors 6502

I thought this as well so for the 1st time I shut off 3G almost a full day and am finding excellent results. 37% left 6 hrs usage 20 standby. Wifi has been on the entire time, push off, location services off.

I normally run push off and services off as well, but leave 3G and toggle wifi on when needed. Beta 6 would barely last me a day with 3g on.

3. rick98761 macrumors 6502

Mine has been great on beta 6 until yesterday. Now it will drain in standby from 100% to dead in about 6 hours. With absolutely no usage. I haven't changed any settings, and have rebooted several times. I run with 3g and wifi always on, along with push and notifications always on. This is bizarre though because it has been fine through each beta and find on beta 6 until yesterday all the sudden.

4. saberahul macrumors 68040

For me, the first few days after an update are very choppy. May it be iOS 4 or beta 4 or 5 or 6, the first 2 days my battery sucks. After that I start to see good batt life.