iOS 5 Background Textures

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by d0vr, Jul 10, 2012.

1. d0vr macrumors 6502a

Potentially obscure question, but is there any list of the order of textures used is iOS 5? Specifically, what texture is the lowest texture (as in you can't move any piece of UI out the way to reveal another textured background) is iOS5? I hope I have explained what I am asking well enough, words often elude my meaning. Or is it that meaning eludes my words.. :/

I have a feeling it's the dark linen texture, but would like to know for sure. It's for an app I am working on, because I'm obsessive like that. And no, black is not the answer I am looking for :p :)

2. samdev macrumors regular

You mean the z-order of views? Index 0 is the bottom-most view.

I don't know what you mean by a "list of textures" or a what a "textured background" is. :confused:
    They are called views. Nothing to do specifically with iOS 5.0 either.

Reply back if that answers your question.

3. d0vr thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yup, z-index order of the views in the iOS 5 user interface. What is at 0? I imagine it would be the Siri UI, but would there be anything else that is lower than that?

And I mean what is on the background of the index 0 view. And yes, I do specifically want iOS 5 unless there is something at a lessor view than Siri, and it is the same across all versions of iOS.

4. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

Not sure why you're worried about anything outside your app. It is sandboxed and thus the "index 0" view for you is, in fact, your app's MainWindow.

5. d0vr thread starter macrumors 6502a

I think I need to post the question on stack overflow now that I know what I am looking for as they just answer the question.

6. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

Alright. Sorry we couldn't help. Good luck at SO.

7. ArtOfWarfare macrumors 604

ArtOfWarfare

Why would it be Siri? Just because it has the appearance of being behind everything else doesn't mean it actually has to be... for all you know, that can be the front most one and they can just draw a shadow at the top of it so it looks like it's at the back?

8. d0vr thread starter macrumors 6502a

No worries! I did get help anyway as I know what to ask for now.

It could be on top, but appearance is all I'm worried about anyway. FWIW though, I would be surprised if Siri was just an overlay, as it remains still and the home screen moves up.