iOS 5 Battery Life

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ItouchMe, Aug 16, 2011.

1. ItouchMe macrumors regular

ItouchMe

Hello, I have a question. I used iOS 5 beta 1 and 2 and I barely got a days worth of battery. I jumped back down to 4.3.3 and battery has been a lot better. Although, I miss iOS 5 a lot and was wondering if anyone is on iOS 5 beta 5 ( I think that's the latest ) with an iPhone 4 and if the battery has improved. I know beta's arent optimized for battery, but I was wondering if it's better. Thanks in advanced.

2. ShivneelSingh macrumors member

iOS 5 Beta 5 had much more improved battery, beta 1 & 2: I'd have to charge my phone 3 times a day, beta 5: I charge my battery every day or less.
    In my opinion, beta 5 is much more improved because it's much more stable, snappy, and battery is pretty good. BUT if you use Reminders.app a lot, then battery kinda blows.

3. pic620 macrumors member

my phone has never had such poor battery life since I upgraded to iOS 5 beta 5. but I have been using the reminders app alot. but I don't use location aware reminders. why does it drain battery life so much?

4. stephen1108 macrumors 65816

What are all the recommended tips to maximize battery life on beta 5? I've tried many different recommendations, such as turning off Ping. Traffic in System Services under Location Services. Turning off Push email.

Because my battery life is HORRIBLE. Just flat out WRETCHED with all those steps I've taken to try and optimize it.

5. SanjeevRana macrumors 6502a

SanjeevRana

My battery has been awesome since Beta 4

Last night I did a fresh install of beta 5 and DID NOT restore anything...setup everything manually ... slept 11 PM ... woke up at 6 AM with 99% ... Only 1% lost in 7 hours ... Unreal !

And that too with location services on, 3G data on, Push mail on, ....

6. tiptopp macrumors regular

tiptopp

B5 is great

I also noticed terrible battery on B1 and 2, but it was fantastic on B4. On the other hand, Bluetooth and GPS were poor on B4, making me think that they'd reduced the power to these, resulting in better battery life. B5 is not quite as good as B4 from a battery point of view, but GPS and Bluetooth are working much better again.

The thing that blows my battery is Bubble Burst - but I play it far too much!

Paul