IOS 5 Beta 2 m.YouTube

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Frenchjay, Jun 29, 2011.

1. Frenchjay macrumors 68000

Frenchjay

Is there anyone else who cannot get this web app to work. I can't save the page to my home screen or connect trying to access it through safari.

2. Travisimo macrumors 6502a

Working great here on my CDMA iPhone 4 running beta 2. Even works great via Airplay to my AppleTV (also running beta 2).

3. Frenchjay thread starter macrumors 68000

Frenchjay

Ah i can't even get to the stage where the little pop up box asks you to save it to the homescreen :(

4. Ste-ve macrumors newbie

Is that just audio or video as well over AirPlay? Mine only streams audio.

5. Frenchjay thread starter macrumors 68000

Frenchjay

It seems like it's just safari on the iphone! It works on the Atomic web browser but there is no way to save it to the homescreen!

Edit: Just worked it out! You have to disable private browsing in settings>>safari for m.youtube to work!

6. aleni macrumors 68020

can u show the on-screen control in youtube via safari?

7. Frenchjay thread starter macrumors 68000

Frenchjay

I was getting an app cache error in the address bar when trying to connect. You have to disable private browsing in the iphone safari settings to be able to get the m.Youtube app to work. That is if you are using any of the IOS 5 beta's.

8. Daj27 macrumors newbie

Daj27

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/9A5248d Safari/6533.18.5)

It won't show on mine even with private browsing disable. I can't control the video only thing I can do is quit the app.

9. shandyman Suspended

You running the apple tv beta? You need to be.

10. Ste-ve macrumors newbie

Oh right ok, I thought AirPlay just needed to be enabled on the websites side, I guess I'll have to wait for the update, thanks

11. shandyman Suspended

The website has no control over airplay, they do not do any coding for it. It's the device.