iOS 5 Beta 3 made my iPad 2 really buggy

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Arcadia310, Jul 17, 2011.

1. Arcadia310 macrumors regular

Beta 2 was super smooth, really had no issues at all. Beta 3 is a different monster though. I can't update apps from the app store, NBA jam doesn't work, various apps force close more now, browser glitches etc. Would reinstalling help?

2. rams macrumors member

my ipad1 is dead slow since beta1.. beta2 was a bit better but still horrible performance

3. melman101 macrumors 68030

Doubtful. It's a beta. I agree Beta 3 was terrible though. I'm back to 4.3.4.

4. darngooddesign macrumors G3

That's what happens when you fool around with beta software.

5. Ptrus macrumors newbie

Hi guy i was thinking about jailbreaking my ipad with ios 5 to
    I ve already done so with my iphone but. All my highscores etc got deleted
    Do u know if its possible to do the jailbreak without loosing this sort of data??

6. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

This. Thats why its for developers since most of us tend to read the release notes and see what is fixed and what isn't. The release notes show many new bugs.

As for apps not working, of course they won't. The beta is so that developers have the chance to ensure their applications work with iOS 5 by the time of its launch.

7. briankeith513 macrumors 6502a

briankeith513

Yep, same for me. I can't update apps, and various apps and the browser close automatically.

8. pmpcam63 macrumors newbie

My Year & 1/2 iPad 1 is buggy lately!

anyone else have issue's with gen 1 iPad, feel like it's getting real buggy. Trying to play videos, certain video games etc. I've had great success with it up until a few months ago..

9. Southern Dad macrumors 65816

Southern Dad

There are features that I love of IOS 5 but I'm going back to IOS 4. I'm happy to have taken a look at it but the number of times I've had apps including Safari kick me back to the home screen has tested my patience. This is one time that the pluses don't overcome the shortcomings. Maybe as it gets closer to release I'll try it again.

I use my iPad (1st Generation 64 GB, WiFi + 3G) for everything. It has to work. I can handle a few bugs but this one is pretty bad. I have confidence it will get far better as time goes along.

The WiFi Sync is awesome and I love the tabs in Safari.

10. MagnusF macrumors regular

No.

Waiting for it to come out and stop messing around with beta software intended for developers would help though.

11. err404 macrumors 68020

From my observations of the Beta, I assume that the iPhone is the current focus. I expect the iPad version to stabilize significantly in the next build.

12. shandyman Suspended

my iPad 2 is running fine on Beta 3, lucky me i guess! :D