Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ReidStylez

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 11, 2010
I updated to iOS 5 beta 3 last night knowing beta 4 was an OTA update and it isn't showing up. Keeps telling me in up to date. I'm not jail broken. What is wrong?

ReidStylez

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 11, 2010
Settings shows I'm on 5.0 (9a5259f).

I had over 50% battery, plugged into power source, wifi connected.

Shouldn't the update at least show up?

J Griz 757

macrumors regular
Dec 24, 2010
I updated to iOS 5 beta 3 last night knowing beta 4 was an OTA update and it isn't showing up. Keeps telling me in up to date. I'm not jail broken. What is wrong?

Same thing is happening to me, and I'm not jailbroke either.

I manually upgraded to beta 4, but have no idea why ota isn't working for me. This is the first time I'm seeing someone else with the same issue.

Hopefully someone will be able to tell us wtf.

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008
Same thing here. I've been trying all weekend and no luck. I just keep getting the message that there has been an error while trying to contact the update server. Can't figure it out.. BUT this is a BETA so i'm sure there are some bugs still in the OTA. Going to upgrade manually today.

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008
I downloaded the IPSW and did it that way, and now when I go to Software Update on the phone, it checks and tells me it's up to date. So I'm hoping that there simply was a bug for some iPhones under Beta 3 and that I'll be able to do the OTA updates going forward... That's about all the sense I could make of this whole thing.:confused:

Futhark

macrumors 65816
Jun 12, 2011
Northern Ireland

With it still being in BETA they've maybe found a bug or a security issue with OTA and have pulled the service until they have it fixed.

Only an idea :confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.