IOS 5 Beta 4 upgraded on IPOD TOUCH :(

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by amitabhbansal, Jul 27, 2011.

1. amitabhbansal macrumors 6502

friends
    i have upgraded the IOS 5 Beta 4 on my ipod touch, and i dont have developers account, now i am stucked on the activation screen, can i downgrade it to the IOS 4.3.5? and how? if not then what i have to do to get it in working condition?
    Please help
    Thanks

2. Nicolas4ever macrumors 6502a

Nicolas4ever

yeah you can downgrade.You just connect your ipod to your computer ,turn it off then put it in dfu mode by pressing the lock button for 3 seconds after you press for 10 seconds the home button without releasing the lock button and then you release the lock button and just keep pressing the home button until your computer find your ipod in dfu mode.Then just press in your computer if it's a pc the shift and the restore button and choose the 4.3.5 .ipsw file

3. jonrando macrumors 6502a

Yeah, there's a reason it's for developers only. By the way, Apple closed up all the activation bypassing hacks when they released iOS 5 beta 3.

On another note, it's illegal to download beta software, except for the GM seed without paying 99 dollars to be in the Developer Program.

4. cpucrash0 macrumors regular

nop not illegal. What are they going to do? Put you in jail? any ways my friend payed 99 dollars and he isn't a developer but he added me to his account and I downloaded it but I didn't like the beta because some apps didn't work so I downgraded to 4.3.3.

5. Brucewl macrumors 6502

Brucewl

Just downgrade, right now Apple can verify the ios 4.3.5, you can download ios 4.3.5 directly.

6. nimo1981 macrumors newbie

You can't downgrade ios 5 beta 4 through itunes. You have to use redsn0w

7. AdrianK, Jul 30, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2011

AdrianK macrumors 68020

Just because some laws can't be enforced, doesn't mean an act is not illegal. So if you steal something and get away with it, it's not illegal if there was no one there to stop you? The same principal applies to copyright infringement.

When jonrando said 'developers' he meant people who have entered in to the iOS developer program.

8. amitabhbansal thread starter macrumors 6502

thanks for the guide, it helped me alot, i have successfully downgrade my iPod touch and now its fine with 4.3.5
    Thanks a lot