Ios 5 beta 5 and push mail

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by blissfullanger, Aug 12, 2011.

1. blissfullanger macrumors newbie

Ever since I upgrade to iOS 5 beta 5 from beta 4 I am facing issues with my mail. Even though it set up as push, the mail app fails to check the mail periodically or push mail down from the serves.

I use MobileMe, gmail exchange and yahoo and the problems seems to be with all, although MobileMe ironically is the worst.

Has anyone faced any similar issues and/or have some suggestions as it is pissing off.

Thanks

2. SanjeevRana macrumors 6502a

SanjeevRana

Are you sure its not a network issue since losing 3G signal all the time results in a non-Push scenario ...

No idea except try a hard reset ...

3. blissfullanger thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes your right about the 3G signal leading to a non-push scenario but this is not a case as my 3G is working perfectly fine.

Hard Reset also does nothing, maybe a restore is the only option.

I did an OTA update, wondering if that could be an issue.

4. ryguy120, Aug 12, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2011

ryguy120 macrumors newbie

I am using Gmail (exchange), company email, and iCloud all with push. No problems with any of them except for iCloud.
    If I read or delete a new e-mail on my iPhone, it doesn't show as read or deleted on my iPad or Mac unless I actually go into the Mail.app on that device.

The other e-mail accounts work great.

FYI... I downloaded the IPSW off the Dev site and did not do an OTA update. Just don't trust that method yet.

5. SanjeevRana macrumors 6502a

SanjeevRana

I highly suspect its the OTA Update ... all over the forum, people who have done OTA Update or Restored full backup seem to be having all sorts of problems ...

I am gonna try this restore when I move to Beta 6 but not the OTA update

6. blissfullanger thread starter macrumors newbie

but the weird this is that the problems seems to be primary with the MobileMe account.

7. thunderbunny macrumors 6502a

thunderbunny

My push mail is not arriving and am having to check manually. I had put it down to iCloud but I guess I moved to iCloud email from MobileMe on the same day as moving to beta 5 so could well be beta issue. Same on iPad

8. Travisimo macrumors 6502a

I was not getting push e-mail from my MobileMe account after upgrading to Beta 5. Try one or more of the following:

- Reset your Network settings. Go to Settings/General/Reset and choose "Reset Network Settings". This will reboot your phone and you'll have to re-enter your WIFI settings, but it has fixed this problem for some users.

- Remove your MobileMe account, reboot, and then add the account again. Rebooting may not be necessary, but it might be a good idea.

- Toggle your Push setting by going to Settings/Mail, Contacts, Calendars/Fetch New Data. Turn if off and then back on again. Also go to "Advanced" and make sure your account is set to "push".

Usually, doing one or all of those things will fix the Push e-mail problem. I had this problem almost every time I upgraded to a new beta, but it would always start working again after doing one or all of these things. If none of those work, then you may have to do another restore...

9. thunderbunny macrumors 6502a

thunderbunny

Great tip, sorted my phone out it seems. Never thought of trying because as I said I'd assumed it was an iCloud problem. Curiously my iPad started working just before I got chance to do it, must have scared it into submission.

Many thanks :D

10. Jman13 macrumors 68000

Hard to say. I did OTA from beta 4 to beta 5 without wiping or resetting the phone and it's worked flawlessly. Took about 4 minutes and I was back up and running exactly where I left off. Even kept the camera roll intact.

11. blissfullanger thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you Travisimo, resetting network setting did it. As simple as that and I was just about to do a restore.

Now im getting greedy but Another question that was raised in this thread. I've also noticed that my emails read on the iPhone do not show up read on the iPad unless I open the mail app. Any suggestion on a fix?

12. thunderbunny macrumors 6502a

thunderbunny

This has always been the case. Think there is another thread on the MobileMe/ ICloud forum about this.