iOS 5 Beta 5 Camera roll / Photos problem after restore with backup?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by xmelissaxmayhem, Aug 11, 2011.

1. xmelissaxmayhem macrumors newbie

Okay so I had iOS 5 beta 4 installed before and updated to iOS 5 beta 5 and restored with my latest backup. First of all, all my photos wouldnt show up in the camera roll section. But they were in my phone when I SSHed in var/mobile/DCIM/110APPLE - anyways, all i did was moved all those photos to my computer and started taking new ones. So i had new ones taken on my camera app and everytime I try to upload a photo or send it through WhatsApp Messenger, It wont work -.- has anyone else had this problem? does anybody know how to fix it please?

2. cshearer macrumors regular

You're using a beta. This means things sometimes don't work. Since this is the "iPhone Hacks" forum, is my assumption incorrect that you've used less than appropriate means to obtain this software?

Not all apps are fully functional under iOS 5. I've personally had issues with a number of apps. You'll just have to live until the full release.

3. xmelissaxmayhem thread starter macrumors newbie

i guess you're right, but whoever has an answer how to fix this uploading problem please post anyway. I know I can live with it obviously I am aware that that is an option, but I would like to try this beta out the correct way and I'm very good at fixing little bugs like this but this one I cant seem to find (through SSH) so if anyone else figures it out, let me know guys :)

4. cshearer macrumors regular

I know I'm not anyone else, but if all else fails, you could always contact the developer of WhatsApp Messenger and see what they have to say about running their app on the betas. Chances are they could have some ideas you could try if no one here could help you out.