Ios 5 beta 5 expired suddenly> iBrick! :( Please Help Me

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mazahakato, Sep 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mazahakato macrumors newbie

Hi,

I have a problem with my iphone and asking for your help

I have a iphone 3gs neverlock with iOs 5 Beta 5 and jailbreak, Yesterday my phone switched off suddenly. I can’t switch it on, it seems that it is totally dead.

After this I found on the site that iOs 5 Beta 5 the certificate of firmware is not valid any more. The problem is that iPhone is plugged to DFU in ITurnes recognizes it, but doesn’t give to recover it to beta 6/7.

I tried to do it normally DFU + Pwned DFU, but it gives errors in code 2001, 21, 1604. The same is on Windows and Mac.

Could you please help me ASAP!

Thank you in advance!

With best regards, Alex

2. soco macrumors 68030

soco

This really isn't sarcasm: Contact whoever you paid to register your UDID and make sure they haven't been shut down or their account reset.

3. mazahakato thread starter macrumors newbie

i didn't buy udid, I working as developer in company, and my boss have account where is my udid included. But he does not know what happens, and why, and Apple cannot help with that, because they did not know BTF! :eek:

4. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

So log into the developer account and download the latest firmware and restore to it. You are meant to keep up-to-date with betas.

5. ct2k7 macrumors 603

ct2k7

Yes, go to the Apple Developer Center, download a fresh copy and do it.

6. Tortri macrumors 6502a

Tortri

Enable private messaging.

I'm trying to help you and can't post it on this forum.

----------

And as for the other posters not helping, you can't tell me you don't have a single piece of pirated software and even maybe at one pointed needed up installing!

So bug off if your not helping.

7. soco, Sep 2, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2011

soco macrumors 68030

soco

Any software I've ever "pirated" was for try-before-I-buy purposes. I purchase every single piece of software I wind up using after trying out. I'm one of few who own copies of things like Photoshop and Amplitube. So bite me. :D

Also, bug off if my not helping... what?

I had to edit this into my post to say that while the iOS beta is firmware for a phone that carries no retail purchase price, it's still very much so pirated if you're getting it from third-party providers. I don't care what sloppy loophole argument you think you have. I wouldn't think twice before supporting a moderator-driven movement to curb helping certain instances of helping with clearly pirated iOS betas.

8. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Newbies can't enable private messages. As for pirated software I can happily say I have none and would also point out that asking for help with such is against the forum rules.

9. mazahakato thread starter macrumors newbie

Hello!

I'm Working in developer company, so , i have didn't buyed UDID, and my boss can't say, what are wrong, we have chatted with Apple Helpers, and they can't also say, what is going on...

sorry for my bad english.

10. Tortri macrumors 6502a

Tortri

You are a rare breed (i mean this in a good way).

And as for pirated software thats why i'm not posting. :)

----------

Mr. Pink.

You were helping ;-) I was referring to people who weren't :)

11. mroddjob macrumors member

Pirating is pirating whether or not you pay for it after, its like saying, I stole this iPhone from the apple store to try it out for a couple of months but I went back to store and paid for it for it after that. But that's a different debate :p

mazahakato have you downloaded the iPhone beta 6/7 firmware from the developer site (or other websites that may host a copy of the firmware for those that don't have access to the official downloads (due to the server being down/blocked by work etc) (not that I condone piracy in any way :D) then option click on restore and select the correct firmware version.

Also make sure you have the correct itunes 10.5 beta version for the right iPhone firmware beta, iTunes 10.5 beta 6 for iOS 5 firmware 6 and 7 for 7. (Also downloadable from the same places)

12. mazahakato thread starter macrumors newbie

Hello for all! And thanks for our's messages. Yeah, i'm new on this site, and i can't enable private message, but i enabled email from our members.

My email is: aleksei.lungu@gmail.com

For details:

I did not buy UDID, I work in a company's designer, freelance remotely, I told the principal person that this happened, and even Apple could not give us a way out of this situation.

Please, better and faster just to contact me via Skype,

all thanks again. and hope for some help me..

13. mazahakato thread starter macrumors newbie

Of course!

in main text is saved, that i tried restore for beta 5/7 and 4.3.5 and 4.3.3 by DFU and PWNED DFU

14. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

I know I'm not contributing but iOS 5 beta didn't just suddenly expire, Apple lists on their Developer website the date that each beta is going to expire and to ensure that this doesn't happen to anyone, they have since released Beta 6 and 7.

15. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

As I said above this is nothing to do with your UDID. You have expired firmware. You are meant to install each beta as it comes out. You have not. It is your responsibility to do this. If you are not going to then you have to expect that the firmware will expire and you will be left with a device you cannot use.

To fix this you need to log in as a paid developer at developer.apple.com/ios/ and download the latest firmware. You can then restore this to the device (which will wipe it) using alt+Restore and selecting the firmware from the mounted DMG. You can then restore your last backup and sync.

16. mazahakato thread starter macrumors newbie

I did not buy udid I work in a company's designer, freelance remotely, I told the principal person that this happened, and even Apple could not give us a way out of this situation.

Please, better and faster just to contact me via Skype,

all thanks again.

17. soco macrumors 68030

soco

I completely agree. It's just a strangely different means in which the product is acquired. It's just hard to compare stealing physical products with virtual ones.

He wouldn't know that. He can't see the dev portal.

As robbie eluded to, if you're not willing to upgrade to the latest beta, I have to wonder why you're messing with the software to begin with. Are you developing software specifically for beta 5? Are you a Cydia developer? For a company? This is all horribly confusing. :confused:

18. mazahakato thread starter macrumors newbie

Okay! I try it in several hour's, when my boss is online in Skype :) Because i'm designer in company, and i have not access to developer site.

19. saving107, Sep 2, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2011

saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

I know, thats kind of what I was implying.

If the OP would have been an actual dev they would have noticed that Apple provides an expiration date, so if didn't just suddenly happen, it happened because the OP neglected to stay up-to-date. Even if the OP is not an actual developer, iOS 5 beta 4 and up higher offer Over-the-Air updates that are quick and done direct from the phone (no need to log into a developer account).

20. ct2k7 macrumors 603

ct2k7

I've spent well over 4k GBP on software. I am anti-piracy. My wallet would disagree with you.

Not just that, but it is against the forum rules to discuss methods of attaining software innapropriately.

21. mazahakato, Sep 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2011

mazahakato thread starter macrumors newbie

22. soco, Sep 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2011

soco macrumors 68030

soco

I give up.

23. mroddjob macrumors member

I am also a bit confused, OP, do you want to just restore to the latest beta (7)?

I don't know how old this is but on the apple support pages http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3694#error1604

Error 1604 could be to do with USB timing errors, some people have said to try with a powered USB hub.

24. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

This is not allowed,

25. pugnut macrumors 6502a

If you are in fact connected with a developer then download the latest beta from the portal. If you are connected with a developer that is not aware of that then you have much bigger issue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.