IOS 5 Beta 5 SUCKS!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Dima470, Aug 9, 2011.

1. Dima470 macrumors regular

Dima470

Has anybody else noticed that beta 5 doesn't perform anywhere as good as beta 4? i mean i know there are major bug fixes.. but still it lags way worse than beta 4.

2. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

I haven't noticed any significant slow downs or general bugs as I experienced in the fourth beta. What are you doing when you notice the slow downs?

3. Dima470 thread starter macrumors regular

Dima470

Like when a notification pops up the whole thing slows down for like 2 seconds... didn't happen in beta 4

4. bobbyyy macrumors newbie

I don't know about you but i have beta 5 running on 4 devices and i am having no problems with it what so ever.

Maybe try backing everything onto iCloud then reinstalling the update.

5. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

Odd. Are you streaming Video over 3G when you receive the notification? That's the only thing I've noticed since I stream Netflix at work most of the time and our WiFi here is literally unusable. Whenever I get a text it slows down for a mere moment, but that is because it has to display the onscreen animation as well as lower the volume of the show I'm watching and play the notification sound.

You could try this. Also restoring as new would help with any clutter your iPhone might be storing.

Usually when I see that my iPhone slows down I take a moment to clear my multitasking bar and run a memory clearing app called System Activity Monitor. If it's really bad I usually follow that process with a hard reset and it clears it up just fine and I go about my media consumption. :)

6. Dima470 thread starter macrumors regular

Dima470

Ya very odd and no i never use 3G... I always use wifi. Maybe it's cause i did OTA update?

7. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

I did an OTA update as well actually. ^^

Very odd though. How full is your iPhone?

8. Dima470 thread starter macrumors regular

Dima470

9. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

Ok so not very full at all. iPhone 4 or 3GS?

In any case I would try restoring as new and seeing if that helps.

10. los318 macrumors 6502

los318

I upgraded using the IPSW and I'm working flawless.

11. Ashin macrumors 6502a

Ashin

I'm tempted to stay on iOS4 even after final release.

Just works perfectly...

12. ModestForumName macrumors regular

Yeah I've been having problems for the last 2 days. I eventually restored from iCloud and reinstalled iTunes 5 and it's working fine.

13. shandyman Suspended

you're basing your opinion on the basis of a random guy is having an issue with the beta, rather than the actual final release version? BTW i've run all beta's and had no lag on the 2 ipads and 4 iPhone's i'm running it on, with the exception of known beta bugs, it's been perfect and stable, better battery life than iOS4 and plus lovely new notifications system... :)

14. mms13 macrumors 6502

I'll strongly disagree. I've found each beta to be better and more stable than the rest - beta 5 is no exception. Overall, I'm beyond pleased with the whole beta process.

15. Kal El macrumors regular

Beta 5 is causing me major battery problems. Can sit and watch the % tick down with in no time. Anyone else having the same issue?

16. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

Did you OTA the last two updates? I've heard(but not personally experienced) similar stories from others with this same issue.

17. shadrap macrumors 6502

Beta 5 has been faster and with less bugs for me than 4. Maybe you do need a fresh install.

18. jaseone macrumors 65816

jaseone

Did you reset settings and clear all contents prior to doing the iOS 5 Beta 5 OTA update like they told you to?

19. jplusc macrumors 6502a

I did a clean install of beta 5 and setup the phone as new. I personally think it is the best beta yet. All other betas I have ended up reverting to the latest 4.XX OS but this time around I am leaving the beta installed.

20. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

The betas are for developers to test their apps. And you are not a developer.

21. JetBlack7 macrumors 68020

JetBlack7

Do a fresh install through itunes using the IPSW ;)

22. Chad H macrumors 6502a

Chad H

I haven't had a problem. I test on my iPod touch and decided to give it a whirl on my iPhone. It's really good. Haven't noticed one hiccup. Some minor glitches with the camera roll. That's about it. By far the best beta for my app testing on my iPod touch. :)

23. IAmTheCrack macrumors member

5.5 has been a total sh*tshow for me. My phone would crash and reboot CONSTANTLY. Never had that issue before. I was stuck in an infinite reboot cycle for hours and finally just put it in DFU and set it up as a new phone using the 5.5 IPSW and it seems to be running pretty well now. Still--For me. Betas 2 and 4 have been smoothest.

24. shandyman Suspended

sounds like you did something wrong in the first place then if it's working fine now....

25. ChristianJapan macrumors 601

ChristianJapan

Not really, OTA was fine; following the installation guide as published.

[teach]And it's still BETA; so I hope there are bugs found as those can be fixed [/teach]