Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rick98761

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 18, 2005
Kansas City, MO
Anyone else having this issue? Battery is great when on wifi. When not on wifi, even when wifi is turned off the phone gets hot and burns through about 15% of battery an hour in standby. Anyone else seen this issue? I've restored ( from s backup though, and reset network settings) I may have to just do a fresh restore.

frunkis54

macrumors 65816
Apr 2, 2009
Anyone else having this issue? Battery is great when on wifi. When not on wifi, even when wifi is turned off the phone gets hot and burns through about 15% of battery an hour in standby. Anyone else seen this issue? I've restored ( from s backup though, and reset network settings) I may have to just do a fresh restore.

Battery has been terrible for me in beta 5 and 6 wifi hasn't made a difference.

i forgot how good the battery was in 4 i just tried downgrading to see if i could and im back on 4 and for the last what seems like hour i have been at 97%.

blesio

macrumors 6502
Jun 9, 2011
I also don't have any problems with battery life, I can say its on par with 4.3.3 :) I did a full restore without loading the backup from beta 5 as I have had problems with the gallery after upgrading from beta 5 to beta 6.

psiess

macrumors newbie
Aug 29, 2011
Funny thing is, it was perfectly fine until a few days ago. I haven't really changed any settings either.

Same experience here. One day last week (maybe Thursday) battery life got really bad. I'm lucky if I get 6 hours before the battery runs dry, and my iPhone is running very warm.

psiess

macrumors newbie
Aug 29, 2011
Same experience here. One day last week (maybe Thursday) battery life got really bad. I'm lucky if I get 6 hours before the battery runs dry, and my iPhone is running very warm.

Question...are those of you having problems with battery life running the Guidebook app?

I just uninstalled it and my phone cooled down. I'll know in a few hours if battery life is any better.

Kyotoma

macrumors 68000
Nov 11, 2010
Carnegie and Ontario
I've noticed that my battery sucked when I updated OTA. I restored as new to Beta 6 and It seems to be about normal.

I may downgrade also, do you know if you can restore a beta 6 backup to an older beta?

Nope. You can only downgrade to versions of iOS that Apple is still signing, unless you're jailbroken and have SHSH blobs saved from previous versions.

morphinkf

macrumors newbie
Aug 29, 2011
same here

i have exactly the same issue here.
it worked completely well until i rebooted the device this morning.
started to become extremely hot from there too.

doesn't last half a day.... :(

rick98761

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 18, 2005
Kansas City, MO
Well things are weird. Phone was great all weekend. Get back to work and phone gets hot again and battery life goes to crap. Maybe it doesn't like work? I know it's a beta so I shouldn't complain. The nerd in me just wants to know why.

Sir Ruben

macrumors 68000
Jul 3, 2010
UK
Well things are weird. Phone was great all weekend. Get back to work and phone gets hot again and battery life goes to crap. Maybe it doesn't like work? I know it's a beta so I shouldn't complain. The nerd in me just wants to know why.

Mine had slightly odd behavior, would get warm under very general use (browsing etc), and the battery would deplete quickly.

I restored as a new phone via itunes and put all my stuff back on again and it has been fine ever since. Back to how it used to behave when iOS4 was installed.

PaulyD

macrumors 6502
Nov 16, 2010
UK
Mine has been great since doing a full clean restore (went straight to beta 6 after getting a replacement from apple), 6-7 hours usage on beta 6.

twitt3r

macrumors 6502
Apr 13, 2009
My battery on beta 6 is fantastic, and I'm so sick of seeing these threads.
Clearly not everybody has the same amazing experience as you. Besides, if you are so sick of seeing these threads, why do you even bother posting in them at all? :rolleyes:

mms13

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2010
Baltimore, MD
Clearly not everybody has the same amazing experience as you. Besides, if you are so sick of seeing these threads, why do you even bother posting in them at all? :rolleyes:

Because people need to realize that battery life will fluctuate from person to person, day to day, on a beta or not, depending on literally hundreds of factors.

psiess

macrumors newbie
Aug 29, 2011
Mine has been great since doing a full clean restore (went straight to beta 6 after getting a replacement from apple), 6-7 hours usage on beta 6.

I think I'll try a full restore. I removed Guidebook and my iPhone now runs cooler, but battery life is still sub-par.

I charged it overnight, unplugged at 6:35EDT. Now, at 9:25EDT, my battery is at 46%.

twitt3r

macrumors 6502
Apr 13, 2009
Because people need to realize that battery life will fluctuate from person to person, day to day, on a beta or not, depending on literally hundreds of factors.
So why not tell them that instead of whining about it? :rolleyes:

BadaBing!!

macrumors 6502
May 16, 2010
I'm also having some high battery drain once in while with Beta 6 and the "fix" I found is to reset Network Settings. Once done, I get a nice battery life for a few days. Then I reset again.

frunkis54

macrumors 65816
Apr 2, 2009
My battery on beta 6 is fantastic, and I'm so sick of seeing these threads.

Then don't read and post in them. these are legitmite issues with 6 not like the posts saying such and such app is not working.

i have no issues with 6 besides the battery and it is even better since i restored from itunes.

for me the battery was terrible when i updated OTA on 5 and 6 but when i restored from the computer on each it seemed to help.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.