iOS 5 beta 7 and 3g connection?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Souli, Sep 2, 2011.

1. Souli macrumors member

Hi,
    last night I used OTA to update to beta 7. Now I am unable to find the tab where I put in all the login data from my provider for 3g connection, MMS and so on. It was supposed to be under Network or something similiar. Where did that tab go because I can't get a 3g connection going atm? Or do I just revert back to beta 6?

2. stigzy macrumors member

Had the same problem here. Only solution is to downgrade to beta 6. Kinda sucks!

3. mylobe macrumors newbie

Yes, you can!

I managed to fix this using a little app called APN Switcher, available in the App Store for a few euro's.

Look for it, fill in your APN settings and all is working again!
    I like the beta 7 because of all the bug fixes. No way I was rolling back to beta 6. ;-)

4. thunderbunny macrumors 6502a

thunderbunny

Still there on mine. Settings > General > Network > Mobile Data Network

5. gpc17 macrumors regular

I have a solution. Apple has screwed up unknowncarriers.bundle ... So all unsuported carriers have problems on ios 5 b7.. Personal hotspot, 3G and mms don't work. It also shows up call forwarding active when you call somebody..

Solution for internet is to set up a custom apn via iPhone configuration utility and then send it to email and open on iPhone. After reset internet works...

For mms / personal hotspot we must wait for b8 or GM version.

6. zsthmus macrumors newbie

How do you do this?

7. kdhoe, Sep 9, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2011

kdhoe macrumors member

I have a solution:

Download this IPCC: http://bit.ly/r1u43C

Enable IPCC upload for iTunes:

Mac - open a terminal and type in..
    defaults write com.apple.iTunes carrier-testing -bool TRUE

Windows - open up a command shell and type in:

"%ProgramFiles%\iTunes\iTunes.exe" /setPrefInt carrier-testing 1

This should now allow you to update your iPhones IPCC file in iTunes via Shift-Update (Windows) or Command-Update (Macintosh) in iTunes.

Select the IPCC and upload it to your iPhone. YOU WILL GET AN ERROR MESSAGE. Ignore it. After the upload, reboot (IMPORTANT) your phone. Your APN settings screen should be back after the reboot. You can fill your carrier data in again. MMS, iMessage & tethering also works again with this IPCC.

8. quumoon macrumors newbie

This works! I had to restart iTunes twice to get that setting to stick but otherwise BRILLIANT!

Br, Mike

9. kdhoe macrumors member

Yes indeed. I made this IPCC with the files from beta 6. At first I thought it failed because of the errors I got and nothing changed on the phone. Until some days later I restarted my phone & saw the settings were back :)

I've attached the IPCC here again so you don't need to use the Rapidshare link

Attached Files:

10. fezzik20 macrumors newbie

I tried that...

But I am having no luck. Any other ideas? Restarted iTunes twice, restarted iPhone twice... I can't get to my APN settings, don't see Personal Hotspot, don't see any options for Cellular Data. TIA.

----------

IT WORKED! Well done.

11. Saileshbreaker macrumors regular

Can i get to know how to do this for windows 7 64bit?

12. gpc17 macrumors regular

Thank you it works !!!

Saileshbreaker you must first move do program files (x86) ...... with command " cd .." you go back and with cd you changed directories. So go back to your HDD (C:) and then find your iTunes folder.. When you are in just type iTunes.exe /setPrefInt carrier-testing 1

13. Saileshbreaker macrumors regular

Am with my official carrier with the settings already installed automatically! can i still use this??

14. kdhoe macrumors member

I don't think so. The problem with beta 7 is that it misses the unknown bundle. The unknown bundle is used when no official bundle of your carrier is available. You have an official carrier so your iPhone will take the bundle of your carrier.

15. DIESEL-X macrumors newbie

Thanks 'kdhoe' really appreciated. This is much better than the alternative of downloading a created APN Profile from a website which (from what I remember) didn't bring back the tethering option. But this does, cheers.

16. darkprincehs macrumors newbie

Amazing...

actually it took me more time to register on this form to thank you more than following your steps above to make my iphone working fine.... anyway .. thanks and big thanks

17. philstone macrumors 6502

Thanks - works for the GM as well :)