iOS 5 Beta 7 Can't Sync to Itunes

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by spennyd, Sep 8, 2011.

1. spennyd macrumors newbie

I am sorry if this has already been addressed somewhere else. I did a search and couldn't find it, but I didn't search the hundreds of posts in each thread that may have contained this exact issue.

I'm on iOS 5 Beta 7 since it was released. Since that time, however, I am unable to sync to iTunes. My iTunes version is 10.5b77. Here are my problems:

First, when I go to play my music on my iPhone it just reverts back to the playlist. I saw that this was addressed somewhere else in this forum with the recommended solution to re-sync. So I tried that. That leads me to my second problem.

I get two different error message when I try to sync:
    "The iPhone "iPhone" could not be synced because the sync session failed to start." Then...
    "The iPhone "iPhone" cannot be synced because it requires iTunes 10.5 or later."

As I already said, I'm on iTunes 10.5b77.

Please help. This is most frustrating and discouraging...

Thanks for your time.

Spencer

2. spennyd thread starter macrumors newbie

Bump....a lot of views but no input. Am I really the only one having this problem?

3. RodThePlod macrumors 6502a

RodThePlod

Have you tried removing iTunes (dragging it to the trash) and resinstalling it?

RTP.

4. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

Submit it to Apple via your developer account.

5. spennyd thread starter macrumors newbie

Yep, I tried that. I even deleted my iTunes library and recreated it, starting with an earlier version of iTunes and upgrading to the current version. Still no luck.

6. spennyd thread starter macrumors newbie

Bump.....

No word from Apple (no surprise). I'm just bumping this to see if anyone has run into this same problem with a solution yet.

Grazi!

7. evilhomer007 macrumors newbie

IOS Beta 7 Can't Sync to iTunes

Hi!
    Yes frustrating to say the least, but I installed iTunes 10.5 beta 8 and THAT seems to work.

So the file you'd need is:
    itunes_10.5_beta_8_wth_itunes_match.dmg

Hope this helps!

~Terrance

8. Bounty Bob, Sep 14, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2011

Bounty Bob macrumors newbie

I'm also having the trouble, can't remember which beta of ios 5 it worked on but it was a few ago.

When I sync and click on my device in iTunes I see music in the drop down and can click on it. The song titles are all listed but greyed out and they definitely haven't copied to the device as it syncs almost instantly.

I've tried the latest beta 8 of iTunes too with no joy.

Also tried other suggestions after Googling, such as unchecking sync music, apply, check it again and sync. Someone else suggested deleting some files, (can't remember which ones now, it was a while back), which also didn't work.

If I roll my phone back to 4.3 it will sync quite happily but the moment I install the latest ios 5 beta it won't do it :(.

It's in iPhone 4 if that makes any difference.

*Edit* this problem occurs on my Mac at work and also on my Macbook pro and iMac at home, all intel based. MBPro with Lion, others with Snow Leopard :(

9. spennyd thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the tip. Where can I go to get the most recent beta? I'm having troubles finding it.

10. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

The Dev site where it belongs.

11. mobutt macrumors 6502

lol you guys are such pricks