IOS 5 Beta 7 Jailbreak

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by mrmomoman, Aug 31, 2011.

1. mrmomoman macrumors newbie

I did a new restore of IOS 5 Beta 7. Everything is fine there. I then proceed to jailbreak it with redsnow 0.9.8b7 pointing it towards the IOS 5 Beta 6 per instructions. It reboots and I have the white Cydia icon. Normally I would just redsnow it again, point to Beta 6 and tether reboot. When I do this it hangs at the reboot for about 5 minutes then reboots. The Cydia icon is still white. No matter how many times I try to reboot it tethered it still takes like 5 minutes or so to reboot and then comes up with the white cydia icon. I tried to jailbreak it again and it just tries and then nothing.

Any ideas?

2. WeegieMac Guest

WeegieMac

I honestly don't see the point of people jailbreaking software which a) is in Beta, b) will have a final version released, more than likely, within the next month, and c) which has an expiry date.

All of the above mean you're on borrowed time and will need to eventually do it all over again, so why not just wait for the final release of iOS 5 and save yourself the hassle and effort?

3. mrmomoman thread starter macrumors newbie

Your point is valid but it's a test phone. So I like to play with it. It doesn't really take that much time in-between a tv show or a movie :)

I went back to Beta 6 and left it there. There are some issues with Beta 7 and the JB for 7. Well at least with my CDMA version for me. Others might have better luck. Usually I don't spend that much time as it works pretty easily for me. It is the "I know I can fix it" syndrome that I have that gets the better of me.

I could have left it at 4.2.8 as well :) and smart money would be on that. My other is at 4.3.3 and it stays there.