iOS 5 betas or 4.3.3 jailbroken?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by medialab, Jul 5, 2011.

1. medialab macrumors newbie

Apr 14, 2010
    I'm really having a hard time deciding whether I want to revert my iPad 2 to 4.3.3 for the jailbreak or stay with iOS 5 betas. If I reverted I think I would really miss features like wireless syncing and system wide dictionary (I use it for studying Japanese). Thoughts?
  2. aleni macrumors 68020

Jun 2, 2006
    i downgraded from iOS5 to 4.3.3 so i can install fakeclockup tweak.

damn!! it's worth it, now my speedy iPad feels much much faster.
  3. dav macrumors 6502

Jun 29, 2004
    Still debating. Can't really think of a reason to Jailbreak my iPad ATM. It's been so long since I had my last (jailbroken) iPad I can't remember what I did. A lot of concerns I had came with the OS updates (Brightness slider, &c.)
  4. SDub90 macrumors 6502a

Nov 9, 2009
    Long Island
    I was having the same problem and decided to try downgrading and go with the jailbreak. If I don't like having the jailbreak, restoring back to the backup will be simple.

I'll also get to use netflix on my ipad again.
  5. MrBambinoDent macrumors regular

May 23, 2011
    Can't you just use Netflix already ?
    Am I missing someone here ? :)
  6. PBG4 Dude macrumors 68020

PBG4 Dude

Jul 6, 2007
    iOS 5 beta breaks Netflix and HBO Go apps.
  7. MrBambinoDent macrumors regular

May 23, 2011
    Ok, thanks for the heads up :)
  8. LastZion macrumors 6502a

Apr 13, 2006
    Question, can I just install ios5 on my phone even if I don't have a developer account? Like just install from itunes after I have downloaded the firmware file?

I think I would rather do this than JB my iphone4.

Just JB's my Ipad2, super quick and easy.
  9. 3goldens macrumors 68000

Feb 26, 2008
  10. TrulyYuki macrumors 6502

Mar 4, 2010
    do we know if the jailbreaking tweaks work well with ipad 2 yet?
  11. medialab thread starter macrumors newbie

Apr 14, 2010

Well, I went with the downgrade but feel OK about it for the time being. Can finally install MyWi on demand so I don't have to pull my iPhone out of my pocket every time I want to connect. Miss dictionary, tabbed browsing, and wireless synching but can deal until fall release I guess.

Real pro work by Comex on this JB by the way... very smooth and installed in under a minute. No bugs so far.