Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jimckimmel

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 9, 2009
So, I'm waiting to take the plunge into iOS5 and iCloud until probably the next round of betas (or, perhaps after Lion is released), but for those of you who have and have Bluetooth systems in your (Ford Sync, Parrot, or other aftermarket systems), I'm curious to know if the Bluetooth stack has been updated to allow for the syncing of contact pictures over Bluetooth and/or the delivery of SMS messages over bluetooth?

Anyone get a chance to test this, yet (though I'm sure it's hard with all the other features to play with)?

Thanks!

Jim

_themilkman

macrumors member
Jul 13, 2008
I have found that a test iphone 4, it won't stay connected to my Ford's bluetooth, Music streaming seems ok but Phone calls refuse to answer, keep cutting off etc.

There is something in the release notes about Bluetooth issues, so it could be related to that.

SWC

macrumors 6502
Jan 6, 2004
The only new feature I have seen with sync is full audio track info. Doesnt appear to support MMS, contacts etc.

mdntblu

macrumors member
Aug 14, 2004
So, I'm waiting to take the plunge into iOS5 and iCloud until probably the next round of betas (or, perhaps after Lion is released), but for those of you who have and have Bluetooth systems in your (Ford Sync, Parrot, or other aftermarket systems), I'm curious to know if the Bluetooth stack has been updated to allow for the syncing of contact pictures over Bluetooth and/or the delivery of SMS messages over bluetooth?

Anyone get a chance to test this, yet (though I'm sure it's hard with all the other features to play with)?

Thanks!

Jim

Didn't work for my 09 Ford Focus in Beta or the final release. Bunch of crap. Won't do text message reading either. I don't understand why one of the top selling phones in the world doesn't have those features available.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.