iOS 5 Camera bug from within SMS.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ihonda, Oct 5, 2011.

1. ihonda macrumors 68000

for some reason when i go to send a picture from inside a text message the flash feature is defaulted to "auto" i cant seem to get "off" to stick no matter what. it sticks in the normal camera app but from inside texting it refuses to. same for facebook/twitter. anyone else experience this?

2. bmms8 macrumors 68020

3. MyRomeo macrumors 6502

MyRomeo

4. ihonda thread starter macrumors 68000

so you can turn auto to off, exit the camera app from inside the text. then reload the camera app from inside the text and it still shows off? odd.. not here.

5. Rat-Boy macrumors 65816

Rat-Boy

I don't think they are reading your post right.

Mine does the same thing.

I set to Off, exit camera, exit texting app, go back in, hit camera, and back to Auto it goes...

6. ihonda thread starter macrumors 68000

yep must be a bug

7. CSMchris376 macrumors regular

Mine does the same thing in iOS 4.3.5, so I'm not sure I would say it is an iOS 5 bug. I tried just what you said, was in SMS, opened the camera and it was on Auto. Turned the flash off, cancelled it, opened it back up and it was back to Auto. I thought it might have been that I cancelled it, so I turned it off, took a picture, selected the picture, then closed the camera. Opened it back up again and it was back on Auto.

8. bmms8 macrumors 68020

i agree. i think its just the way it works.

9. troop231 macrumors 603

I'm pretty sure it's not a bug, Apple just wants users who aren't good with deciding if they need flash or not to just have it set on auto.