Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

random12345

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 13, 2011
Hello, I just upgraded to iOS 5 on my iPhone 4. When I double click the home button and click on the camera, I am able to unlock my phone without entering my pass code. It seems like a pretty blatant security flaw. Is there a way to turnoff this feature or password protect the camera app? Thanks.

jwingfie

macrumors 6502a
Dec 30, 2008
Athens, GA
Hello, I just upgraded to iOS 5 on my iPhone 4. When I double click the home button and click on the camera, I am able to unlock my phone without entering my pass code. It seems like a pretty blatant security flaw. Is there a way to turnoff this feature or password protect the camera app? Thanks.

If all you can do it take the picture and review that single picture you took, then that is the way it should be.

adztaylor

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2009
Preston, UK

It's designed to do that so you can quickly take a picture. However when you press the home button it still prompts you to entre the passcode so you can't get any further then the camera.

random12345

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 13, 2011
If all you can do it take the picture and review that single picture you took, then that is the way it should be.

You are correct. I had to change the password unlock time. When I tried it earlier, I was able to go to my home screen after I was in the camera app. Thanks for the quick response.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.