iOS 5 complete redesign or mere tweaks?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by shenfrey, Jun 6, 2011.

1. shenfrey macrumors 68000

What do you think guys? Do you think they will start over or just simple add to the current offering. So same home screen just with widgets and better notifications? I'd quite like to see a huge overhaul, the current interface is nice and simple but it's gotten really stale over the past 5 years IMO.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

2. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

I'll tell you in seven hours.

3. Jagardn macrumors 6502a

I don't see a lot of UI changes being made, that's just how apple rolls. As for the UI getting stale, I don't think so, sure it's been the same for a long time, but it's simple and I prefer it that way.

4. Gix1k macrumors 68030

Gix1k

I see a major change. They need to have notifications like Android and widgets. Ability to move stuff all around, etc.

5. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

This....sort of. Not sure about the widgets but definitely the notifications. It's been one of the iPhone's biggest weaknesses so I'm guessing/hoping Apple comes out with something good in iOS 5

6. RafaelT macrumors 65816

RafaelT

I don't know about re design, I think we will see lots of improvments and added features.

7. Andy-V macrumors 6502

I think a redesign would just be different rather than better. The UI is just... solid. I hope they rethink what the home screen can do though. I'd like to see information rather than a page of apps by default.