ios 5 computer backup

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by me43, Jul 5, 2011.

1. me43 macrumors member

My iphone tells me that it cannot back up to the cloud because my ipod is being restored even though it is not.(I have already backed up once since my last restore and it worked fine) If i backup my iphone on ios 5 beta 2 on my computer instead of icloud will the app data be backed up like it is in the cloud.

2. mms13 macrumors 6502

If you disable iCloud backup under Settings>iCloud>Storage & Backup, then your device will back up to your computer the next time you sync. If iCloud backup is enabled, you will only back up to iCloud and never when you plug your phone into your computer.

3. me43 thread starter macrumors member

yes I knew that but will the computer backup all my app data.

4. mnsportsgeek macrumors 65816

If I'm understanding you correctly, I don't think the computer (unless something changes with itunes 10.5 or ios 5) will back up app data and restore it if you delete the app and isntall it again. That can only be done through icloud.

5. thunderbunny macrumors 6502a

thunderbunny

Yes

6. Kayzle macrumors member

7. mnsportsgeek macrumors 65816

k well now i'm confused... if i delete an app, say angry birds. then get it back. will itunes restore that game data? I'm under the impression that only icloud can do that.

8. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

All this iOS 5 & Cloud stuff is still very much in beta. It'll be fixed on release.

9. me43 thread starter macrumors member

Thats what I thought.