Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

grantsdale

macrumors 6502a
May 11, 2008
Not bad, not bad at all.

BUT, there are privacy issues re: posting notifications to the lock screen. And I'd prefer Widgets be confined to the Spotlight page, which is largely wasted space, or the lock screen.

How exactly is that a 'privacy issue'?
Don't leave your phone sitting out if you're really that concerned. Privacy issues would be the phone reading your texts and emails out loud as they came in.

davie18

macrumors 6502
Dec 29, 2010
Looks good but I don't understand why you would want to disable USB charging?

I'm just guessing is it because if your laptop is running on the battery, it uses extra power to charge your phone too when it's plugged in?

Just not sure but that's the only reason I can think of but I'm not even sure about that.

nefan65

macrumors 65816
Apr 15, 2009
Ideas are okay. Still not sold on Widgets. These, or any others. I just don't see the value. If folks are referring to Widgets as what's on the lock screen, or home screen, yes..kinda cool to see missed calls, emails, appt's, etc.

We'll see soon though...7 days...

err404

macrumors 68030
Mar 4, 2007
I don't like it at all. it's just an iOS theme on Android. The concept of merging application icons and widgets in the same space seems messy. I'd rather have a dedicated launcher area and widget dashboard.

mysterioustko

macrumors 6502
May 7, 2011
I don't like it at all. it's just an iOS theme on Android. The concept of merging application icons and widgets in the same space seems messy. I'd rather have a dedicated launcher area and widget dashboard.

I'd have to agree. There was nothing groudbreaking or innovative done in that presentation. It's basically android in an iphone body....

ideal.dreams

macrumors 68020
Jul 19, 2010
I like the idea of the calendar events or missed calls/texts showing up on the lock screen, but that's about it. I'm not sold on the widgets, the spaces, or anything else.

Agent-P

Contributor
Dec 5, 2009
The Tri-State Area
I really like the way the lockscreen notifications showed up. That was probably my favourite part of that entire concept. I could care less about widgets. Whoever made this did a good job maintaining the IOS look while incorporating some OSX influence. The quick access to settings is also a nice feature. Overall, I like this concept. Kudos to the creator.

Jinkst

macrumors 6502
Oct 11, 2008
London via Sydney
The widgets looked terrible and completely Android, the lock screen system was too obtrusive, and Spaces system at the end was downright ****. If you have that many home screens, learn how to organize.

All my opinion of course, but if Apple went with anything similar to this concept then iOS5 would be rubbish and an Android clone. Thankfully I can't see it happening like this and am still looking forward to WWDC.

dav146

macrumors regular
Dec 21, 2007
yes thats true all of this is available but many of the new iphone features were hacks, custom wallpapers, folders, rotation, etc.

the one missing feature a quick toggle for wifi,bluetooth,gps

other than that looks great hope that some of this makes it into ios 5

Incorrect - Slide 41 of 97 shows 'QuickSettings' - Basically a rip off of SBSettings. I would be pleased if this made it into iOS 5 however!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.