iOS 5 contacts / mobile me

Discussion in 'iPad' started by byke, Sep 5, 2011.

1. byke macrumors 6502a

byke

Anyone having problems with corruption in ios 5?

My contacts book started getting multiple copies of the same entries.
    So as I lay here on a hotel bed this evening watching tv, I thought I would clear them off.

Only to find that certain (not all) contacts had multiplied, but also that some of the information had become so jumbled that parts of one contact, had been merged into another contact.

So now I have completely messed up contacts book.
    I am wondering if this is a iOS 5 issue, or just mobile me being s*it as usual.

I haven't backed up via iTunes lately, and so it's only been getting messed via over the air through mobile me.

I am not happy, especially since contacts have started to merge with others rendering allot of info useless.

2. wijo macrumors newbie

I have the same problem wrt contacts having multiple copies.
    Didn't have the jumbled information though, where parts of one contact gets merged with another.

I had this problem whether I update Over The Air or thru iTunes.
    Hope to find a solution soon coz it;s just too tedious to delete the duplicate/multiple copies one by one.

3. andiwm2003 macrumors 601

andiwm2003

i had this problem with mobileme and iOS devices since mobileme started. never was resolved.

Only very rarely were contacts messed up and in those cases I fixed it by replacing all mobile me contacts with the contacts from my computer and then synced that to the iPhone/iPod.

However duplicated/triplicated contacts are the norm and I ignore them for a while and then restore them from my computer once in a while. Mobileme sucks and I will never trust my contacts to iCloud without having a copy on my hard drive.

What happens also quite often is that edited contacts revert to the old version. I think Mobileme doesn't know what the last version of a contact is and either duplicates them or messes them up or reverts somehow to the old version. Birthday reminders are usually the first thing to get lost in the process.

Sorry, but I have no solution to this mess aside of switching to Google......

4. blesio macrumors regular

That's why I use google for everything, works perfect :) no problems with contacts, no problems with mail. Everything in order.

5. byke thread starter macrumors 6502a

byke

I found that old phone numbers and information to contacts that had been deleted or replaced a very long time ago found it's way back into my contacts either by merging this old info into my current contacts or duplication.

6. cshearer macrumors regular

I guess I didn't notice.

The developer forums must be down...