iOS 5 Cydia Problems

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by FlamingRain, Dec 4, 2011.

1. FlamingRain macrumors newbie

So I just came into possession of my first iPhone. A 3gs. I haven't had the time to activate it legitly yet so I hacktivated it using redsn0w.

First, I activated 4.1.2. That was cool, but I really wanted to upgrade to iOS 5. So I did. I did the same process but restored with iTunes to the iOS 5.0.1 IPSW and then did the process with redsn0w pointing to the iOS 5.0 IPSW.

Because I needed to activate it correctly so I could have push notifications and iMessage (no service yet). When I went to Cydia to install SAM and SAM Prefs, Cydia went to 'Preparing filesystem' and then I got a popup saying 'Low Storage, you can change storage settings in Settings' and then a black screen, then the lock screen.

When I opened up the lock screen it revealed that a LOT of default apps were deleted. Safari, Camera, Newstand, and a lot more were deleted. Most of my downloaded apps as well as some of the default apps (music, settings) were still there.

Cydia was gone as well..

WTF...

I've restored and re-jailbroken at least 3 times with the same results. What is going on?

----------

and yes I did try to reboot tethered. Didn't do anything.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Setup as new, and dont restore from backup.
    All stock apps should be there and cydia.

3. FlamingRain thread starter macrumors newbie

Would it give me the same behavior as a restore from backup (Cydia at least)

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

it shouldnt.
    Sounds like your backup might had some apps hidden and every time you restore to it your apps and icons dissapear.

5. FlamingRain thread starter macrumors newbie

6. seanwebb68 macrumors 6502

7. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

And if starting from a clean installation of IOS 5 doesn't fix it, then maybe hacktivating on iOS 5 doesn't quite work yet?