iOS 5 differentiation

Discussion in 'iPad' started by guyh, Jun 4, 2011.

1. guyh macrumors newbie

guyh

Just been thinking, do you think iOS 5 for iPad will be like, a different OS, rather than an upscaled+glorified version of the iPhone one?

Personally I think widgets would work well on the larger iPad screen, but not so well on an iPhone with a 3.5" screen, maybe a 4" one perhaps...

Tell me what you think below! :D

2. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

Apple wants to keep the user experience the same between all iOS devices, so the iPad may get a few optimizations for the larger screen, but I dont think it will be very different from the iPhone.

3. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

I certainly hope they revamp the home screen as of right now it's a gigantic waste of space. I think the apps are fine though and already a lot different than their iPhone versions.

iPad:
    Home Screen = waste of space
    Apps = great use of space

4. guyh thread starter macrumors newbie

guyh

I see what you mean, apple like the simplicity and uniformity, but I really do think it is a lost opportunity, the icons on an iPad screen are way too spread out IMO.

5. guyh thread starter macrumors newbie

guyh

You couldn't be more right!

Android does make a better use of space, but the whole experience when using it is laggy and crap IMO, I would liken it to the experience when using windows
    :)
    :apple: FTW!!!

6. REM314 macrumors 6502

REM314

I really hope they make the iPad OS much different from the iPhone OS but they wont.