Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KrisEagling

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 10, 2010
London, UK
Hi All

I recently did some work for a developer, therefore I upgraded my iPad 1 to iOS 5, I only used the 1st Beta and never upgraded it again. I am now done with the testing of his app and want to downgrade back to iOS 4.3.5.

However I have tried numerous ways to downgrade and each time the update fails and gives me a different error code.

I've also used TinyUmbrella to fix recovery and using their TSS server and it still results in the same issue.

I have also had the message saying the iPad isn't available for the requested build.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Kris

blesio

macrumors 6502
Jun 9, 2011
Did you try to put the phone in DFU mode? This worked for me and I had the same problems as you.

gforce216

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2009
It's really easy to downgrade. Hold the power and home button until the device resets. Then let go of the power button and hold the home button for 10 seconds. The screen will be on but solid black. Connect it to iTunes and it will say a device has been found in DFU mode. Click shift + restore and find your 4.X file you downloaded. It will load fine. I did it on my iPhone once for a genius appt so it works.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.