ios 5 downgrade

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by pkskier, Oct 13, 2011.

1. pkskier macrumors newbie

Hell every one! i have a problem with downgrading to ios 4.3.5 from ios 5 on my iphone 4. I have my shsh blobs saved on my computer and i restore using tinyumbrella. but when i get the error on itunes and then i try to exit recovery mode on tinymbrella, it just goes back into recovery mode!! Please help me, i need to downgrade for the baseband! thanks

2. thadoggfather Suspended

thadoggfather

Put the phone in DFU mode and you should be able to restore it to 4.3.5 without TinyUmbrella.

Apple won't be 'signing it' much longer.

3. christopherpm macrumors newbie

I'm trying this option, but after extracting and verifying the ipsw file, iTunes just sits at "Preparing iPhone for restore" for ages before showing error:-

The iPhone "iPhone" could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (1604).

4. Fantasigraphic macrumors 65816

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

You need to downgrade iTunes to a version other than 10.5

5. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

Gee I just did this this morning and I used itunes 10.5.

OP from someone who has actually done this just an hour ago on their iphone 4:

get phone into dfu mode
    get 4.3.5 firmware
    option/shift click restore in itunes and select the 4.3.5 firmware
    done

As of 10/15/2011 Apple is still signing 4.3.5 so your modem will downgrade as well. This won't last much longer and then you will need shsh blobs and your modem won't roll back.