Ios 5 error -54

Discussion in 'iOS 5 and earlier' started by blazersrule, Oct 13, 2011.

1. blazersrule macrumors newbie

Hi guys,

I have a iphone 3gs, running snow leopard. I've tried updating my phone all day, and it sort of updated, but it only kept my messages, contacts, emails, and some apps.

I can't even manually re-add the missing apps, music and videos, and everytime I try plugging it in, it says it got interrupted while restoring, and that I need to do it again. Everytime I do, the same thing happens, saying that there was an error -54. I'd like to be able to keep all my old contacts/text messages. I synced up my phone a few hours earlier before I updated. Any help?

Oh also I should add I'm getting the iphone 4gs, so if I don't do anything now (just leave it as is, I can live without my music for a day on my phone), will the problem be fixed?

2. blazersrule thread starter macrumors newbie

3. blazersrule thread starter macrumors newbie

4. blazersrule thread starter macrumors newbie

5. blazersrule thread starter macrumors newbie

Does anyone else have this issue? Please help.

6. blazersrule, Oct 17, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2011

blazersrule thread starter macrumors newbie

Please? Seriously, my phone still doesn't work and I don't live near an Apple store. I'm not paying $30 for Apple to fix the issue over the phone when Apple is the one who caused this..

7. blazersrule thread starter macrumors newbie

Look I know it's pretty bad forum etiquette to bump something 6 times, but I'd really appreciate it if someone could help out. I know no one is obligated to post, but the problem has yet to be answered here or on Apple's support forums, and I don't know what to do.

The only problems I read about was the error 3200 (or whatever the number was), and that seemed to be fixed over time. My problem still exists..

8. bcbryanc macrumors member

You did say you will be getting the iPhone 4S* so I am assuming everyone thought your would be getting that and than you can see if you have the problem still.